Chapter 72// BONUS CHAPTER: DANIEL POV

Start from the beginning

There was a small velvet case. I take it out and hold it in my hand.

I open it and look at the rings on the inside.

Elliott not only bought the engagement rings. He bought the wedding rings too.

Inside the hospital room, I asked him if he wanted me to set up some sort of wedding, anything for him. To complete his dying wish. To marry Cress.

He said he didn't want to leave her a widow, he refused it but I knew he wanted to.

Everyone thought Elliott was a bad guy. They didn't realize how much of a good person he was at heart. He was passionate about certain things and when he loved something he loved it wholly.

The money he gained from being in the gang was what he used to buy the rings, that much I knew. He didn't want to just use his dad's money, though his dad had more than enough of it.

There were so many little things that Elliott did, that no one knew about.

When he told he wanted to marry Cress he valued my opinion as no one else ever did. He told me if I refused to let him marry Cress then we wouldn't marry her. Of course, I would never have said no.

Everyone pities me now like I'm some sort of broken guy. I was shattered but I didn't want them to see that.

Maybe that's why I was lashing out at people more now.

I look under the floorboard, to find Elliott's lighter, and I smile. His mom would have killed him if she ever found out he used to smoke.

I remember when Elliott went to New York for 6 months, I visited him 4 times, Except no one knew about it. Elliott also came back twice. I urged him to stay but he didn't want to.

He said it was too soon.

I hear a clatter and look up out my daze. Jack wasn't supposed to be home until much later tonight. I leave Elliott's room clutching the ring in my hand; I slip them into my back pocket.

I look into the living room and I see someone standing there. Someone young and tall, he turns around to look at me.

For the tiniest second, I thought it was Elliott, with those blue eyes, but it wasn't.

It was Ryan.

He was a fucking snake. He's ratted us out every time to Aaron if Ryan had not been feeding Aaron information about us Elliott would still be alive.

"Daniel, just who I've been looking for" Ryan grins. I glare at him, disgust written all over my face.

"You're not welcome in this house" I snarl at him. The room was dark but I could faintly make out his figure as the moonlight shone through the window.

"This isn't your home either" Ryan replies playfully.

"What do you want from me Ryan, you've taken the most important thing from me" I sigh.

"As did you, you took my cousin's life, you got away with it. No jail sentence, no punishment. Aaron always said you were the most useless one, but I guess he was wrong. I always knew he was wrong. Elliott was the most useless one, he cared about other people too much but you Daniel. You can be ruthless"

"Why have you confronted me here Ryan, why not when I was at home. You want revenge, you're not going to get any"

"Why, I wouldn't want to scare my little nephew?"

My hands are in tight fists as soon as he mentions River.

"I'll be damned before I let you touch him" I snarl at Ryan.