Chapter 9//"Please Dawson, I don't have a dirty mind, I have a sexy imagination

Chapter 9//"I don't have a dirty mind, I have a sexy imagination"

I gaze in the mirror and think about the sudden change in the past few weeks.

I'm wearing a casual red dress that is short at the front but trails behind me. It's strapless but still hugs my figure, the top half has glittery sequins attached to it. Not going to lie I am in love with this dress.

I have layers of foundation slapped on my face and some areas of my heart-shaped face are toned to highlight my features. My eyes are perfectly outlined and colored to match my dress by non-other than Emily. It feels like I'm looking at me from a year ago, I have to blink twice to remember how much has changed since back then.

"Ready" Emily smiles.

"Ready as I'll ever be" Emily puts away the makeup as I walk downstairs, I see Conner waiting by the front door and my breath hitches in my throat. The dark suit makes him look somewhat dangerous. His hair is messy yet so sexy and his eyes are glowing.

I have to hold on tightly to the banister to stop myself from jumping on top of him. He looks up at me as I walk down the stairs. His cold blue-ish grey eyes look at me for a second too long.

"You look good"

Wait is he talking to me?

Me?

"Thanks, and I like your suit, not that I would ever wear it. It just brings out the grey in your eyes" I mentally facepalm myself. Really do I not know how to keep my damn mouth shut?

Bring out the grey in his eyes. Oh my I'm such a idiot.

"Your Daniel's sister right. Crystal?" He asks.

Well then...

"No Crescent" I smile. But deep down it hurts that he doesn't know my name.

Well at least he knows it now.

"Well it's nice to talk to you" He adds, a ghost of a smile playing on his lips and walks out the hall. I mean that conversation went well at least he knows my name and I saw one of his rare breath-taking smiles.

I feel my heart thumping in my chest. Why does he have to be so attractive? I know that everyone was meeting at our house but I didn't realize Conner Ryder would be here.

Stupid Crescent, of course he's here. He's always been one of Daniel's best friends. He just doesn't care about you or your name.

I walk into the living room but stop at the door. She's here. She's sitting here. She lifts her gaze to look at me and gives me a sly grin.

"Crescent can I talk to you?" Daniel asks. My mouth hangs open in bewilderment. I feel Daniel grab my shoulders as he guides me to the downstairs bedroom and closes the door.

"Cress you know you don't have to go to this Christmas dance if you don't want to. You don't have to change yourself for anyone else" I glare at him.

"How dare you let the wicked witch of the west in this house. She's the one that has ruined everything for me. Her. Aribella"

"You need to understand, I have to do this. For the team"

"No you don't. You didn't sign a contract saying you have to date a walking STD," I snap.

Actually I thought they weren't even dating anymore. Why does she have to be so attached to him?

I'm more hurt by the fact he brought her here and then he didn't even have the decency to tell me.

"You know Daniel save it. I don't care" I leave the room and slam the door behind me. I sit down on the step next to our front door. Somebody comes and sits next to me, I turn to see Alec on my right.