Chapter 50// "Well Dawson how about a buy you a book?"

I stand on my absolute tiptoes to reach for the book I wanted. I already had the paperback of a court of wings and ruins in my hand.

Nope there was no chance I was reaching this. I sigh thinking. Why the hell would the have such an important book so high up?

I believe that lord of shadows deserves more respects.

I feel some sort of presence around me; they grab the book that I was currently reaching for and hold it in front of me. I saw from the corner of my eyes that one hand was leaning against the bookcase and their other hand was around my back holding the book in front of my face.

"You know how people buy drinks for girls in bars? As a way to start a conversation or get with the girl"

"Well Dawson how about a buy you a book?"

Dawson.

I spin around to see Elliott hovering over me.

I was dumbfounded; I never understood where Elliott came up with all these things that attract me to him.

I didn't know what to even say, that pick up line was just, so perfect. I couldn't say no. I was for once speechless.

I don't know why I loved the way he was so close to me. His scent was so intoxicating that it made me dizzy?

"I...Elliott...." he cuts me off and takes a court of wings and ruins out my hand.

"You want me to get this one too. No problemo"

I walk behind him, not knowing what to say. It was also a shock to the system casually seeing him around. God I missed that smile.

I finally compose myself. "You didn't have to do that Elliott"

"But I did Dawson and if you wanted me to buy you the whole bookstore I would do that too. Now hurry up Cress I need a coffee"

As we reach the coffee counter there was a young bouncy blonde girl with her hair in a ponytail and a bright smile on her face. Also her eyes were scanning Elliott.

"What would you like?" She smiles too sweetly showing off her little white teeth.

"A cappuccino, 1 sugar" He dragged out every word and looked deep in to her eyes.

"Elliott Grayson" She blushes at the sound of his name.

Instantly the smile drops off her face when she looks at me. Why does he have to do this in front of me and why the hell is this hurting me?

"Cress what do you want?" Elliott asks me.

"I like my coffee how I like myself, dark butter and too hot for you"

That's when I storm of to go sit at a empty table. I sit down placing my bag beside me and put my chin in my hands.

After 10 minutes or so Elliott walks in my direction with both his hands behind his back.

"I got you your favourite coffee" He smiles saying it in a singsong like voice. I turn my face away from him as he places his and my coffee on the table. His other hand was still behind his back.

"And I got you a chocolate chip muffin" he says overly excitedly.

Who could resist a Starbuck's chocolate chip muffin? I reach my hand out to take it form him but he places a sly grin on his face.

"Tell me one thing you love about me"

"Excuse me? Sorry I can't think of a single thing"

"Then I guess I get to enjoy this delightful muffin"