Chapter 7: Rivalry

3rd Person POV
(Y/N) and Noah are happily sitting inside Prof. Oobleck's detention happily paying attention to Prof. Oobleck's make up lesson until Prof. Oobleck's scroll beeped and disturbed the tranquility of the lesson time. Prof. Oobleck checked his scroll.
Prof. Oobleck: Oh dear. Well Mr. (L/N) and Mr. Vorm I have to end our make-up classes here.
Noah and (Y/N): Awww, but Dr. Oobleck we just started on Chapter 9 of Remnant's wars!
Prof. Oobleck: As much as it pains me to leave our adventurous lesson I am needed on a mission in which a group of huntsmen and/or huntresses will accompany me.
Noah: Awwww, okay Dr. Oobleck
(Y/N): Can we at least see you off?
Prof. Oobleck: Of course my young learners, we shall meet in the academy's hangar. Now go back to your dorms and support your teams morale.
Noah and (Y/N): Okay Dr. Oobleck.

(Y/N) POV
Me and Noah were headed to our dorms. We were only doing some small talk until Noah's tone has gotten serious.
Noah: (Y/N), you remember when I told you I was gonna make you see me as a rival?
(Y/N): Yeah, you guys were doing your morning routine that time.
Noah: Yeah. How about we duke it out later?
(Y/N): Hehe, you sure?
Noah: Heh, you're not the only one who's gotten stronger this past month.
(Y/N): Then we'll do it later.
Noah: Sure.
We fistbumped before we slit our ways. I made my way to my team's dorm. I was about to open the door until I heard barks and growl. Weird, Spike doesn't bark. I opened the door and saw a pile of dog food and a corgi sticking out of it. Spike was growling at the dog food and the corgi.
(Y/N): eeeerrr, what's with the dog?
Yang: Oh hey honey, our dad sent our dog, Zwei, here at beacon.
(Y/N): How?
Then she held out a tube that people uses to mail stuff. I was just dumbfounded.
(Y/N): eerr...so?
Ruby: Dad mailed Zwei to us.
Ruby said while picking up Zwei and rubbing his belly. I just shrugged the thought of how did that dog and dog food fit in that small tube.
(Y/N): So....what's your mission?
Weiss: We are supposed shadow a huntsman while doing his job.
(Y/N): Where?
Blake: A Grimm clear out in quadrant 5
Blake said while she was hiding on Ruby's bed. Spike was being held by Yang and sat next to Ruby.After Yang sat down Spike begun booping Zwei's nose, Zwei did the same to Spike. They lunged at each other and begun rolling around the room. They weren't fighting they're only playing with each other.
RWBY+(Y/N): aaawwww
(Y/N): Well anyway, who's the huntsman you're gonna shadow?
Ruby: We don't know yet, but I'm super excited for this mission.
*beep* *beep*
Ruby: Oh! It's tiiimmeee.
(Y/N): Well let's go.
Yang: let's?
(Y/N): Me and Noah are gonna meet up with Dr. Oobeck and wave him goodbye. I didn't realize that he was a cool and fun teacher.
RWBY: Right....

Ruby POV
After (Y/N) and the others left the room I looked at Zwei and Spike. Hhmmm I want to bring Zwei and Spike with us....but my bag can only fit one....well (Y/N) has Spike to comfort him so I guess I'll take Zwei. I took Zwei and placed him inside my bag. Spike looks at me.
Me: Sorry Spike, but I can only fit one of you here. Don't worry I'll make it up to you once we got back, okay?
I rubbed under his head and he whimpered cutely while shaking his small fluffy tail. I got up made my way outside before closing the door I look at Spike one last time.
Me: Take care of (Y/N) for us Spike
Spike: *growls happily*
Me: Bbyyyyeee
I closed the door and lock it.

Time skip

(Y/N) POV
I was standing in the hangar along with Noah and RWBY. Me and Noah were looking for Dr. Oobleck while the girls made their way to their appointed huntsman. We reached their bullhead and heard a familiar voice.
???: Why hello there girls!
Me and Noah turned our heads to the source of the familiar voice.
Dr. Oobleck: Who's ready to fight for their lives?
(Y/N) and Noah: Dr. Oobleck!!
RWBY looked at us with questioning looks as we approach Dr. Oobleck.
Dr. Oobleck: Ahh, if it isn't my two Favourite students.
He rubbed our heads.
Dr. Oobleck: You came to see me off?
Noah and (Y/N): Yeah!
Dr. Oobleck: Right. Oh by the way this will be the team of huntresses that will be shadowing me.
Me and Noah looked at my team, team RWBY.
(Y/N): You're all lucky to be shadowing the great and smart Dr. Oobleck.
RWBY: Isn't he Professor Oobleck?
Me and Noah imitated Dr. Oobleck's way of speech.
Noah and (Y/N): It's Dr. Oobleck. He didn't earn a PhD for fun thank you very much.
Dr. Oobleck: What they said.
Me, Noah, and Dr. Oobleck just laughed while the girls are looking at us perplexed.
(Y/N): Anyways good luck on your mission girls and Dr. Oobleck.
Dr. Oobleck: and good luck on your homeworks, learners of tomorrow.
I turn my attention to my girls.
(Y/N): Good luck my adorable cookie....
I rubbed Ruby's head before hugging her.
(Y/N): My dearest snowflake...
I stroked her hair before hugging hair.
(Y/N): My kitten....
I rubbed Blake's cat ears still hidden in her bow before hugging her.
(Y/N): And My lovable hothead.
I hugged her and tried stroking her golden hair, but Yang kissed me and explored my mouth with her tounge. I was caught off guard as she break our kiss and smirked at me.
Yang: you taste delicious as always honey~
She said. I looked at the other girls and we're now jealous since they only get hugs. I sighed and made my way to kiss the rest. They got on a bullhead and we were waving at them. After the bullhead was out of sight, Noah and I made our way to the training arena and get ready to fight. I wore my usual armor (classic Zed skin) while Noah wore a new armor.