01

"hyung, im going to go take a shower," jeongguk tells jimin, who only rolls his eyes as he crosses his legs on the bed.

"okay," jimin replies, sighing. "also, you don't have to call me hyung when we're by ourselves. i mean, when we're out in public, hell yes because people might see you as a disrespectful little shit, and I dont want that."

jeongguk's heard that before - several times actually - but he never actually listens to the pleas jimin has. he only nods as if he listening, because the last time he didnt call jimin "hyung" was in public (he'd been so used to not doing it while they were alone), and some old man jumped down his throat for being disrespectful and uncultured to his elders. now, to keep things simple and uncomplicated, he just calls jimin his hyung all the time, regardless of where they were.

so jeongguk's learned to ignore that part and just hope that jimin would stop pressing him to call him 'jimin-ah,' like he enjoys. "right, right~" he sings to hush jimin up, and it's his time to roll his eyes. "sorry, hyung~!"

before jimin has any time to retort to jeongguk, he hears a door slam and water start to run just seconds later.

jimin had to admit, he did find jeongguk strikingly attractive, but he always kept his mouth shut.

it's not like he had feelings for the younger, because that would be absolutely absurd.

he'd be out of his mind.

he sits up on the bed and fiddles with his fingers, already missing the younger's presence.

though they always had sleepovers and such, jimin never actually had to wait for jeongguk to take a shower.

jeongguk always called jimin over after he took his showers, but for some reason, today was different.

jimin didn't necessarily know how or why it was different, but it just was. it was their usual routine. he hated changes in any of his daily activities, and he made that very clear to jeongguk when he once suggested they'd eat lunch an hour or so later, when he knew that they always ate lunch at 3 o'clock everyday. not 4 o'clock, not 5 o'clock, not even 3:30, because jimin's body didn't work that way. he had gotten used to eating at 3 o'clock everyday, so he would be starving at 3:30.

jeongguk never heard the last of jimin's scolding for changing the time of their lunch date.

so it wasn't like jeongguk had done it on purpose, right?

it was the same way ever since they'd first started going over to each other's houses each weekend:

jeongguk showers, invites jimin over, they do weird shit together, and vice versa. jimin showers, invites jeongguk over, they do weird shit together.

certainly not:

jeongguk invites jimin over, then showers, because what's the point in making jimin wait for jeongguk to get out the shower?

what's the point of inviting him 20 minutes earlier and having him wait, bored out of his mind without his best friend, when he could've been at home watching tv?

well, sure, jeongguk had a tv as well, but jimin wasn't really sure which channels his favourite shows were on, and he didn't feel like browsing through the thousands of channels jeongguk's parents had bought, just to find his favourite show half-way finished.

falling onto his back with a slight sigh of boredom, jimin hears the water turn off, and he wonders if jeongguk is soaping himself up right now.

he can't be finished just yet.. he'd just stepped in the shower.

...perhaps he'd gotten in a long time ago. jimin's lost track of time ever since he'd tried to wonder why jeongguk had changed their routine.

the sound of the bathroom door opening is the thing that cuts jimin out of his thoughts.

he snaps his head towards the door, immediately regretting his decision. he feels his face heat up at the sight of his best friend.

no, he wasn't naked.

the way his towel was perfectly wrapped around his waist, exposing his abdomen- jimin swears those abs weren't as toned and defined when he last saw them during the swim tournament jimin always went to to cheer jeongguk on.

he looks away as jeongguk slowly approaches him, and wills himself not to look, not to turn around and take sight of his best friend again, because he knows it's going to turn into a stare.

but, despite every part of his body telling him not to look, he turns his head slightly to glance at the younger and- damn, he's staring.. hard.

it's not just a small awkward stare, no.

it's a stare that leaves jimin's mouth slightly agape, and he can't help but think of one thing in his head as his eyes trail down to jeongguk's 'sculpted by the heavens' v-line.

oh.. i'd like to run a tongue over-

"jimin-hyung? you're staring," jeongguk says all too innocently; jimin knows that jeongguk isn't as innocent as he may have seemed just then, because there's a slight smirk playing at the corners of the younger's lips.

jimin definitely catches that.

he definitely did this on purpose. he ruined their routine to mess with jimin's mind.

"h-huh?" he unconsciously replies, finally tearing his eyes off jeongguk's lower body to meet his eyes.

"i said you're staring."

"oh, uh.. sorry. i'll be right back, okay? i'm going to go get some water." and before jeongguk has time to answer, jimin's already left his room for the kitchen, grabbing his phone with him.

as he walks out quickly, he dials his second best friend's number, praying that he'd pick up. "please pick up, please pick u-"

"yo, yo? minnie?" a deep voice - which, in jimin's opinion, was quite deep for a 16 year old - rang through the phone.

"you picked up, taehyung-ah," he says, a breath relief leaving his lips as he continues. "i've gotta tell you something.. but you've gotta promise not to tell."

"no problem.. but why didn't you just text me?"

"because you could screenshot it and send it to people, duh. anyways, so.. i was in jeongguk's room, right? and then he goes to take a shower. when he comes out, he looks so freakin sexy- even though he's younger than me, he was daddy as fuck."