prologue

four and six years old— the golden ages the two boys had met.

though they hated to admit, it was the best moment of the two boys' lives. if their mothers hadn't conversed with each other for a whole hour and a half in a certain cafe, they wouldn't have met.

they wouldn't have been as inseparable as they are now.

park jimin and jeon jeongguk are their names.

now, some would say their friendship was "cute" and "adorable", which it was, but they outgrew that lovely stage as soon as jimin hit nine years old. some taking their friendship as an 'oh, look at the two brothers getting along so well!!' instead of seeing it as two good friends.

so, jimin took it up a notch.

they were always together. sleeping at each other's houses, taking strolls down the sidewalks hand in hand, always playing together, doing couple-like things, but to them, their relationship was nothing but a you're-my-brother type friendship.

no feelings involved.

nothing more.

yes, they may have seemed like a couple, but that was only due to the fact that their parents never stopped them from doing couple-ly things with each other when they were younger.

their parents always thought it was adorable to see how much they'd loved each other, but they also thought the two would outgrow their constant skin ship.

they were wrong. very wrong.

in fact, their skinship had grown more throughout the years.

ages 14 and 16.

kisses on the cheek, friendly pecks on the lips, cuddling in bed while they slept– basically, they did everything a couple did, minus the tongues and sexual hands.

except they'd never actually felt as if they were a couple. it was always a thing people would ask them, and their response would be the same each time; "no, we're just best friends," they'd say, their hands intertwined, which left many people confused.

it wasn't until one night when jimin had been invited over to jeongguk's house that he'd realized something very important.

the night he'd accidentally called jeongguk "daddy".

well.. indirectly.