Mischief and Mayhem

Start from the beginning

He pictured the phone call with his Irish brother, Liam, who would laugh at his inattentiveness and lack of ability to even remember his house key. Then Arthur would instantly hang up on him, since he knows the call won't get him anywhere.

He then imagined his Welsh brother, Dylan, who would comfort him and tell him everything's gonna be fine, when he himself wouldn't be assured that everything will be alright. So he avoided calling that number too.

He then visualized his oldest brother, Allistor, who would scream his head off at him for forgetting his keys, and then would keep on reprimanding and shouting very colorful words at him. Anyone with a common sense would NEVER call the Scot if they were in trouble like this. But he has to admit, in bigger problems Allistor helps out a lot, but not in stuff like this.

So Arthur scrolled through his contacts and found Aoife's number, then pressed the 'call' button. He put the phone up to his ear and waited for his sister to answer.

Aoife was the most sensible in the five siblings, and the only girl as well. When their mom had died, Aoife decided to take over the mother role of the family and take care of her brothers. The others didn't like him much, but Aoife stood with him and cared for him like he was her own son. He figured the red-head would probably hear him out, and then find a solution for him.

The phone kept on ringing, and ringing. Arthur patiently waited for her to pick up. Soon enough his patience was wearing thin.

'Why isn't she answering? It's around 1 o' clock there!' He complained agitatedly.

'Great, this can't get any worse...' the Brit muttered. But of course, like in books and movies, the situation can get way worse. And since its Arthur we're talking about, the situation will get a lot worse.

His phone vibrated in his hand, and he brought it down from his ear to check what it was.

The notification read: Your phone is at 3%. The bad luck was only starting.

'Ugh, I just jinxed it! Well done Arthur, you're a genius!' He said to himself.

'How come bad luck always follows me!? Its not like my life is a story written by a crazed fangirl, who is currently typing this whole thing out with a creepy smile on her face, no, that's silly.'

Finally, the phone answered and Aoife's voice came through the other end.

"Arthur? Oh goodness, how was the flight! I've been worried sick!" She asked.

"Finally, you answered! Look sis, I don't have time to chit chat I-" Arthur was cut off by his phone dying.

The British teen resisted the urge to scream out loud, and slowly breathed to calm himself. 

A while later a few drops of rain fell from the sky, and ended up into pouring rain. Arthur wondered how a perfectly sunny day was able to turn into this rainy mess, and he regarded the idea about the crazy fangirl again. But he soon dismissed that notion, and looked for shelter.

The only shelter close enough to the house was a big tree in the garden, and even that wasn't really good shelter from the rain, which was now gushing like a waterfall. Arthur moved in closer to the tree and hugged himself for warmth as he was cold and shivering without proper a refuge from the rain.

Fortunately the Gods decided they were done punishing him and stopped the rain after a while. But the rain had already done its toll on the blonde. He was trembling because of the cold, and couldn't even move from the slumped position that he was sitting in at under the tree.

The weather calmed down afterwards, grey clouds being replaced by white ones and the sun was out, drying up the water from the previous ordeal.

'How fast can the weather change around here!?!' Arthur wondered to himself, and got up. It looked like the rain had never even happened, the sun out and shining brightly.