Mischief and Mayhem

After the long, 8 hours of a flight from London, Arthur was completely exhausted. All he wanted to do in that moment was to just get to his house and instantly collapse onto the couch with a warm cup of Earl Grey tea. He quickly got out of the airport and rushed to get a taxi- well, cab as it is in America, and told the driver the address. The man had a few problems with understanding his British accent, but he understood after a few trial and errors and told him to hop on.

Driving through the streets of New York was the easy part. All he had to do was sit back and relax, but maybe keep an eye out for his house. But while doing so, he started admiring the scenery around him. The city was buzzing with people, and he couldn't blame them; it was quite a nice day to be out. The architecture was quite a bit different from London, so he was fascinated to look around. He felt himself slowly drift into a peaceful sleep, but got knocked back to his senses when the cab halted to a stop in front of his house-to-be.  

"This is where you wanted to go, right?" The driver turned to face the Brit who nodded and got out of the yellow vehicle. He uttered a quick thank you and paid the man before turning around to look at his house.

The house was an average size, with cream colored walls and plants in the front garden, making it look welcoming. He had only seen it once, and that was on a his computer screen, so seeing it in person made it look even better. All in all, it kind of looked like his house back in England which made it feel more homely. After he was finished admiring the house's beauty, he walked to the tall chestnut colored door. He started fumbling around in his right pocket for the keys to the lovely house, but his pocket was empty. Arthur shook his head slightly, and checked the left side pocket in his coat. Still no sign of a key.

'I swear I kept them in my pocket,' he stated to himself, starting to worry.

He did a quick check through his trouser pockets, but still didn't find the metal object.

'Did I forget them in the cab?' He wondered, biting his lower lip out of anxiousness. 

'Or did I forget them in the plane!?' The Brit really started to fret now. He checked his pockets again to make sure that the key isn't just hiding in a corner.

'Wait,' His heart stopped beating for a second.

'Did I forget it in England!?!' He thought frantically. He rummaged through his pockets again, then his bags but he couldn't find them. He cursed under his breath and started banging on the door.

"Please let someone be in here," he pleaded quietly. No one answered the door. He cursed again, and then slumped against the door. He sighed wearily, and stared out into the cerulean sky.

The pure white clouds slowly moved across the sky, the sun out and shining, not being hidden by clouds like common weather in his home town. There was a slight breeze as well, which made the heat even out.

'What a beautiful day to waste..... damn it!' Arthur thought and cursed his carelessness.

He assumed he looked like some kind of beggar, just sitting there in front of a house. It hurt his pride thinking of it like that, but he didn't bother moving. His mind was whirring with thoughts, from trying to think of a logical solution, even stuff like breaking the windows to get in. He only moved when his mind came across an idea to call someone, and then his face lit up and a wide smile formed on his face.

'Thank you so much, rational side of me!' He thanked and dug his phone out of his pocket. He then thanked the Gods that he hadn't forgot his phone; the only life line he had now. The Brit turned it on and immediately went in search of a number that he could rely on in this situation. After wisely thinking about it, Arthur decided to call his sister, Aoife. He decided that his brothers weren't the best choice, his mind imagining exactly how each of them would react.