Waking Up

Nick slowly drifted back to consciousness as he became aware of the position he was in. He slowly opened his eyes and blinked away the lingering fuzziness from sleep. He reached out to adjust his glasses and was aware of the fact that he was lying down in dirt and sparse grass. He sat up gingerly and looked around his surroundings.

His friends laid all around him, also unconscious from the looks of it. Ashlie was sprawled out across UNi's stomach, her blue sweater hiked up slightly. Uni's outfit was ruffled, his blue hair a mess. Tommy was flat on his back, his mask lying on the ground beside him. Cory was flopped on his stomach close to Nick, his blond hair wild and wind-blown.

He watched as the four began to stir and return to consciousness. Ashlie opened her eyes and noticed her position. She quickly moved away from UNi's body and laid down on her back to relax as her mind returned to the present. UNi's brown eyes blinked open and searched the area surrounding him, reaching instinctively for his glasses to make sure they were still there.

Tommy glanced around and sat up, noticing his mask was lying on the ground nearby. Reaching over to grab it, he realized that the yellow plastic was beaten and the string that was strung around it was snapped and broken. He frowned and lifted the mask closer to his face. "Looks like this think is really snapped." He mumbled under his breath.

Cory sat up and looked around, rubbing his head tiredly. "What's happening? How are we all here together?" He asked as he glanced around the area. "Wherever here is." Nick adjusted his slightly tilted glasses. "I'm not sure. We all just woke up here together." He answered. Ashlie's blue eyes searched the area, a strange sense of calm passing over her, causing her to tense up. "This place seems...familiar, I think." She spoke quietly, looking at Nick. Tommy looked up from his mask and searched the area with his eyes. UNi bit his lip as he felt the grass and dirt around his hands.

"I-I know what you mean." Nick replied. "I get the feeling that I know this place-it's itching the back of my mind-but I can't quite understand how we know this place." UNi looked at the brunette and furrowed his brows. "I know what you mean." He answered through his British accent.

Cory ran a hand through his blond hair, biting his lip. "I'm not sure what you're talking about." He answered. The place did seem somewhat familiar, but seemingly less familiar than the others, which could be displayed through the confused and pained expressions on the four's faces. He shook his head. "Don't hurt yourselves trying to remember." He added.

The four sank to the ground in defeat. "We should probably look for a way out of here." Nick said. Ashlie nodded. "That would be a good idea." She replied. She helped UNi to his feet and dusted herself off. UNi adjusted his glasses and ruffled his blue hair to look like it normally did. Ashlie ran a hand through red-brown hair and made sure it was all in order. Cory stood and adjusted his clothes. Nick helped Tommy up and felt his glasses to be sure they were not broken. He looked over at Tommy, who was frowning down at his mask.

"Did it break, Tom?" He asked kindly. Tommy looked up with a small nod, his piercings glinting in the slight light. Nick frowned. "I suppose there isn't a way to fix it here." He said as he glanced around the area. "Don't worry about it,Nick. I probably shouldn't have it on in here. I should be alert and able to see at all times." He answered as he threw the mask to the side, the bright face and smile staring back at them with an almost eerie feel.

Cory looked at them. "We'll have time to mourn your mask later. For now, we should be finding a way to get out of here." He said. UNi glanced at the three boys. They were all taking the strange setting so well, calmly even. Waking up to a strange place that they can only vaguely remember usually unsettles those that aren't used to the spooks and horrors of games and these settings.

But then again, this wasn't a game. This was their reality right now. Ashlie walked ahead, turning back to usher the others after her. The four followed her with sure footing, aware of the unusual silence in the area. Cory glanced around the area as they walked. "This place is eerily silent, don't you think?" He questioned. Ashlie nodded. "I wonder if it's abandoned." She answered, her voice unusually calm. "But then that means it might be haunted!" Tommy piped up, an air of mischief surrounding the blond man. UNi glared back at the jokester. "This isn't the atmosphere to be joking, Tommy." He snapped slightly.

"I was just trying to help the mood,UNi. Don't make it worse." Tommy argued back, the aura quickly turning to that of discomfort and anger. UNi turned to look at him, his blue hair swishing at the movement. "I'm not trying to make it worse. I'm just putting it into perspective!" He bit back, his brown eyes blazing with a contained fury. "Easy now, you two. Keep it light right now." Nick intervened. UNi sighed. "Sorry, Tom. I'm just on edge." He apologized. Tommy smiled. "It looks like this place could cut us, it's so sharp." He joked.

UNi and Nick rolled their eyes. "Nice job, Tommy. You take the award for corniest jokes." Cory spoke, his voice dripping with disgust. Ashlie turned her upper body to look at them. "Y'all are awful. We could be in a potentially dangerous situation and you're joking around." She said disapprovingly. Tommy chuckled his deep chuckle. "I'm sorry I'm making things less stressful." He said sarcastically.

Nick heaved a sigh, shaking his head. "We're not going to make it out of here..." He muttered to himself. UNi looked at Ashlie. "Yeah, Ashlie's right. We need to look around." His gaze swung to Tommy's. "Without terrible jokes."