Chapter 23

Halle's POV:

Harry left Hannah at his house sleeping then dropped me at the airport at 5 am. He didn't wish me any farewells just said that he would be seeing me soon then left.

After a long flight I finally reached the airport. I saw my mom standing outside waiting by her car. She was wearing khaki capri pants with a white T-shirt and pink flip-flops. This I found very odd, usually you could never catch my mother dead in Capri pants especially on the road.

"Halle honey.", she ran toward me squealing and enveloped ne in a tight hug.

"Hi mom.", I replied smiling suddenly realizing how much I missed my mom.

"Put your stuff in the back and get in. You must have so much to tell me."

-----------------------------------------

After a couple hours drive which would've been 45 minutes shorter If it weren't for the traffic, I finally arrived at the house I grew up in.

I carried my one suitcase up the stairs and to my room. I placed my suitcase in a corner of the room and sat on the edge of my bed, looking around my room it looked the same. Everything was placed just as how I'd left it but now covered with a light layer of dust. Minutes later I heard a knock on my door and my mother enter.

"Honey, Ben is coming over for dinner later to meet you. So please be on your best behavior and dress appropriately, ok."

"Ok mom. Is that all?"

"No, I almost forgot to ask. Are you doing anything illegal?"

A looked of confusion crossed my face as I answered, " No."

" So your not a prostitute or drug dealer?"

"No mom! Why would you ask that?"

My mother released a sigh of relief but then a perplexed look crossed her face.

With raised eyebrows she asked," Then how did you pay for your tuition?"

"What are you talking about?", I asked still confused.

"Well I went to go pay the monthly installment and they said that it was already paid for, all of it."

Now I'm beyond confused. What is she talking about? I never paid for- Harry! Of course. Mom continued to stare at me and I had to give her an answer.

" Oh it's Mr.Styles. He's been paying me a little extra."

Well I didn't really lie. I just didn't tell her why I was being given extra.

"That's all?", my mother asked still looking confused.

" And I got a job at the library on campus and instead of paying me they just put it towards my tuition."

Ok, that was a lie. Seeming satisfied with my answer she responded.

" Ok, that's great honey but I don't like you doing two jobs while going to school ok."

"Ok mom, I'll quit the one at the library."

"Alright. Go freshen up dinner will be ready in a few hours."

She gave me one last look then left the room closing the door behind her.

with a sigh of exhaustion I plopped down on the bed, not caring how dusty it probably is and took an hour long nap.

----------------------------------------

" Well, this will have to do." I said smoothing out imaginary lines In my dress.