"My dad isn't around." He said his voice monotone.

"Ohh. I'm sorry if I overstepped my boundaries."

My sorry and please were almost non-existent. So I was surprised I was saying it too much. I didn't like this at all. Maybe I was just feeling sorry for him.

"It's nothing."

"So.. I'm opening this new boutique for my new fashion line. I was wondering if you'd like to work with me. It's just my way of saying thank you for helping us out."

"I'm not some charity case you know? You don't have to feel obliged to help me in anyway. Hopefully,I'll find something to do soon enough."

I was dumbfounded that he had the nerve to refuse my offer. This was something I didn't do often. He should be thankful that I even offered to help him.

I was about to reply when the driver spoke. "We're in the city,where do you want us to drop you off?"

"Just drop me at area 1. I'll find my way home from there."

"We can drop you off at home you know?"

"I appreciate the offer alot but I don't want to waste much of your time."

I kept quiet. This guy was something else. I just didn't understand him. And the more he rejected my offers, the more I felt like I should offer them. There was something broken about him and I liked fixing things. I found myself wanting to know about him but he was being difficult.

The car came to a halt. We had already arrived at area 1. That was too soon.

"Thank you so much for the ride. I really appreciate. You saved me a whole lot of transport money." He said as he got out.

"You're welcome. I'm glad I could be of help."

He waved at the driver and was about to go when I stopped him. He turned.

I shuffled through my bag and brought out a pencil and paper. I wrote down my number and address and gave it to him.

"Just in case you change your mind. The offer is still open. I'd love to help you in any way I can."

He nodded and left and we proceeded for home.

Immediately I set foot inside the house, I didn't even get to take one breath when my siblings attacked me with a bone crushing hug. It was torture.

They finally released me and I looked at them my face with a wide grin. Five long years I hadn't seen any of them. I watched them grow through pictures and face time.

The twins looked more alike than ever. Amir and Amira. I knew Amir was tall but I didn't know he was this tall. He had a beard growing and I couldn't believe my little brother was all grown up.

They were both average in height. Their skin complexion was like light chocolate. They both had thin pointed noses and small lips that can talk for Africa. Mostly in twins,you have the quiet/reserved one and then the loud and outgoing one but that was not the case with Amir and Amirah. They were all loud and outgoing and you can imagine how I grew up with two stubborn twins.

"Wow. You guys have grown so much. I wouldn't have recognised you from afar." I said as I looked at them.

Amirah rolled her eyes. "Were you expecting to find us the way you left us?"

I rolled my eyes back. "Still with that sarcastic attitude huh?"

She smiled and we all went inside. They were filling me in with everything that had been happening as we went to the dining room. I was literally starving. I realised I hadn't seen Afrah our last born.