32.

Next day when i opened my eyes,i found myself on the hospital bed. There were bandages on my forehead and stomach. I placed my hand on my wound as it was hurting like hell. But then i felt like someone was holding my another hand. I looked at the person and found Mac sitting beside my bed. He was asleep with his arms crossed on the bed,holding my hand. A small smile took place on my lips as i kept looking at him for a moment. Then i called him in a low voice.
"Mac...?"
"Mac??"
He woke up and immediately got up from his seat as he heard my voice.
"Addi? How are you feeling now?" He asked placing his hand on my cheek.
"Uh..I can't lie..it's hurting so bad..." I replied.
"It's okay. You're gonna be fine." Mac said with a smile and i nodded.
"Where's everyone?" I asked him as i didn't see anyone else there.
"Um..Bozer and Riley are at home and Jack's at Phoenix. We've informed everyone and they're trying to find Marcus." He replied still holding my hand.
"Marcus?...Mac,we need to find him soon. He's the one who kidnapped PT and he knows where she is...if we caught him,we can get to PT. Please Mac do something...just find him or he'll..."
I got really worried for PT and started saying all that without any break but Mac calmed me down.
"Addi..Addi? Listen to me. We're gonna find him and Thornton soon okay. Just don't worry..everything will be fine. You just take rest...we'll handle everything. All right?" I nodded taking a deep breath as he said that. There was a moment of silence but then..i spoke up.
"Hey! Do i look bad??" I asked making a childish look on my face. Mac shook his head with a smile and kept looking at me for a moment.

 Mac shook his head with a smile and kept looking at me for a moment

"No. You look...Beautiful."
There was something strange about the way he said that looking straight into my eyes... which brought a smile to my lips and we both kept looking at each other for a moment.
..........................
After that i got discharged by the evening. Jack also got there and Mac and he took me home. As we got home,Mac gave me his hand and helped me to get out of the car but somehow my wound got hurt and i bent a bit grimacing in pain. It hurt so bad that i just couldn't move my legs any further. Then suddenly Mac picked me up in his arms and i looked at him. Jack also chuckled to see us. Mac took me inside the apartment and carefully put me down,trying not to hurt me. Bozer and Riley welcomed me with a hug. I looked around and got lost in thoughts as i remembered the whole incident. Although Bozer and Riley had cleaned up everything very perfectly and it was just the way it used to be. No broken bottle,no stuff fallen on the floor,no blood,no mess..nothing. But still i just couldn't get the image out of my mind. As i was thinking,Mac placed his hand on my shoulder snapping me out of those horrible thoughts and sat me down on the couch.
"So..how is it feeling now?" Bozer asked as everyone got settled.
"Terrible!!! I mean seriously, he could've shot me. How easy and peaceful it would've been but no..that douchebag just wanted to stab me." I replied.
"I know...I had a dream about this once."
And....Jack opened his mouth.
We all looked at him at the same time as he said that.
"You know what happened?"

"You died?" Mac said.
"Yeah..how did you guess?" Jack asked looking at Mac.
"Because you die in all your dreams Jack."
We all laughed shaking our heads and Jack stared at Mac as he said that.
"Anyways..uh..did you find something about Marcus?" I turned my head to Jack.
"No. Not yet but we're trying." I nodded taking a deep breath as Jack replied.
"Seriously guys...I still can't believe that it was Marcus...i mean the person that we were looking for was in front of us the whole time and we...how come we didn't get to know about him?" Riley added.
"But one thing is still bothering me...why would Marcus wanna kill you? You don't even know him right?" Bozer looked at me with a confused look.
"No guys. I don't think he's the one who wants me dead." I said lost in thoughts.
"What do you mean?" Mac turned his gaze to me.
"There's someone else. Marcus was just doing what he was told to do." I replied.
"How can you be so sure?" Jack asked shaking his head at me.
"Because i remember when he stabbed me,he called someone after that and said that the work is done. I don't know who was it but Marcus called him Boss. That's all." I continued and everyone started thinking.
"Are you sure?" I nodded as Mac asked me.
"Well,then i think only Marcus can answer all these questions." He continued lost in thoughts.
..........................
At the dinner time Mac fed me with his hand and gave me the medicine after that. Then i went to the room to have rest. I laid on the bed,took a deep breath and closed my eyes but couldn't sleep at all because of the pain. My wounds were still hurting so much. I was changing sides and suddenly i started getting flashbacks of the whole incident. The moment when Mac told me about Marcus,When Marcus pointed his gun at me,when he stabbed me,when Mac came running to me and cried.....
Wait a minute...Mac Cried For Me.
Why would he do that?
Why would he CRY for me?
The questions started spinning in my head. The way he got scared and took care of me the whole day,what was that?
I was lost in thoughts but then i heard someone opening the door as i was laying on the bed facing the other side. I didn't turn to see who it was... instead,i closed my eyes and pretended to be asleep.
I don't know how,but i got a feeling that it could be Mac and i was right. He whispered my name to see if i was awake and i recognized his voice. But i still didn't open my eyes because if i had done that,i would've had to tell him about the pain and i knew that he wasn't going to sleep himself after that,no matter how tired he was. He was already doing so much for me and i really didn't want him to be bothered because of me again. That's why i kept my eyes closed. Mac came close to my bed and covered the blanket properly over me as he thought that i was asleep.
And...the thing that happened next was totally.....unexpected.
He took a hair strand off my face and tucked it behind my ear and then....
He placed a soft kiss on my forehead.
My heartbeat just stopped for a moment as i was totally in shock.

Then Mac switched off the lights and walked out of the room. I opened my eyes and looked his way,totally confused and trying to figure out what just happened.