27.

The Apartment
I was lying on the couch,placing Mac's laptop on my belly. I had borrowed his laptop for some time to edit some of my photographs.
I was doing my work and was looking at the photos and suddenly PT's photograph displayed on the screen. A smile fell upon my lips as i started getting flashbacks of some good memories. And then i realized that it's been many days and i haven't talked to her. So i put the laptop on the table beside me,grabbed my phone and called PT..but couldn't talk to her..as always. Her phone was unreachable. I tried again but that didn't work and now it was making me really mad. I started getting lots of stupid thoughts like...she doesn't care about me,her work is more important for her,it's been so many days and she couldn't bother to call me even once etc..etc. Then i took a deep breath and decided to try one more time but then suddenly i heard the doorbell so i put my phone on the table and walked to see who it was. As i opened the door,i saw Jack and Riley standing there.
"Hey! What are you guys doing here so early?" I asked giving a hug to both of them.
"Mac called us and said he wants to discuss something important." Jack replied as he and Riley got inside and i shut the door behind me.
"Any idea what he wants to say?" Riley turned to me and i gave a half shrug.
"Anyways..Where is he?" Jack asked as they both took a seat.
"Uh..yeah he..." Before i could say anything,we saw Mac and Bozer coming our way. Mac was folding the sleeves of his shirt and Bozer was walking behind him,trying to convince Mac for something. Jack,Riley and i looked at each in confusion.
"Oh come on man. It'll be fun."
"No Boze."
"Dude,you can't be serious. You promised me that we're gonna have a party this year." Bozer said and Mac gave a confused look to him.

" Bozer said and Mac gave a confused look to him

"When?" Mac shook his head looking at Bozer.
"Um...fine you didn't but..."
"Whoa!...What is going on?" Before Bozer could say anything,i interrupted them and they looked at each other.
"It's Mac's birthday next week." Bozer informed crossing his arms against his chest.
"Really?" I looked at Mac.
"Yeah but he doesn't want to celebrate." Bozer gave a dirty look to Mac.
"What? Oh no buddy. You refuse to have a party every year but not again. All right. We're celebrating your birthday this year and that's it." Jack gave a serious expression to Mac.
"Come on guys. I'm not a kid anymore." Mac said as he and Bozer got settled on the couch. Mac sat with his one foot over the thigh of the other and i also took a seat on the armrest.
"So what? Who said only kids can have a birthday party?" Riley looked at Mac.
"Listen up,you know i love a good party but..birthdays make no sense. We are aging every second of every minute of every day and for some reason we decide to pick one arbitrary day to celebrate being one year older,all because some pope made a calendar in the 16th century?
...if we were on Mars,i would be 14 years old and my next birthday wouldn't be for another 231 days." Mac said.
"Well,i agree with you but birthday isn't about aging. It's about celebrating the joy of life and it's a way of your loved ones to tell you that how much they love you and how special you are for them. Mac kept looking at me and i continued.
"And....it's also nature's way of telling us to eat more cake." Mac shook his head with a smile as i said that and Jack,Riley and Bozer laughed too.
"Still guys,i don't think it's a good idea. Maybe next time..."
"Yeah that's exactly what you said last year Mac." Bozer interrupted Mac.