20.

Next morning
Mac's Home
So yesterday sucked! But what sucked the most was that I couldn't find Mac's Knife. Yep, you read that right. I lost it. I remember seeing it in my bag the last time. But yesterday when Riley returned my bag to me it wasn't in there. And I've been preparing myself to give this breaking news to Mac since.
Tying my hair in a high bun as i headed outside the room looking for Mac, i found him in Bozer's room sitting on the bed....shirtless. But as i looked closely i saw a cut on the left side on his back. A pretty big cut. And Mac was trying to put ointment on it but his hand couldn't reach it.

"Mac...? Oh my God, you're shot! Why didn't you tell me?" I immediately rushed inside almost giving him a heart attack. Well, the way i entered I'm sure i would've given ME a heart attack too. Mac stood up all startled but soon took a breath.

"Um..it's fine Addi, the bullet just touched. I'm alright." Said Mac.

"Yeah i can see that." I crossed my arms with a rough look at Mac. And he put his head down.

"I..uh.."

"Just didn't want to bother anyone...? Of course!" I exhaled rolling my eyes playfully, knowing Mac's nature. While he also smiled a little. "Anyways, come let me help you." I stretched out my hand in front of him.

"Uh..No it's fine. I'll..I'll manage."

"Mac, i just saw you can't reach it so..."

"Um..."

"Don't worry. I'll only concentrate on my work. Promise!" I teased hiding my smile. Mac gazed at me for a sec before a helpless chuckle lifted the corners of his lips and he finally handed me the ointment.

He sat down on the bed in front of me as i sat facing his back and got to my work. I had just started when i heard Mac's voice.

"Hey, I never got a chance to say...you did a great job last night." He turned his head a little. And I suppressed my smile while saying.

"By getting caught?"

Mac chuckled at my response.

"Uh..Isn't that what our plan was?" This time he was the one to make me smile.

"No but seriously Addi. We couldn't have done it without you. I mean..the way you risked your life to save Kelly..I really appreciate it. And i don't know how to thank you..."

"Ah, come on Mac.." I interrupted. "It's nothing in front of what you guys are doing for me. I'm just glad that i got a chance to do something for you. And I'll do it again in a heartbeat if i had to." A smile reached Mac's lips to hear my words.

"I have no doubt." He spoke in a gentle voice, making me smile as well.

"Done!"

"Hey, Thanks!" Mac and i stood up from the bed as i finished patching his cut.

Mac then grabbed his shirt that was on the bed and started putting it on but to see him having a little trouble with that because of his wounded back i stepped forward to help him.

As i did so i noticed the bullet mark on his chest. I looked at it and before another thought my hand was on Mac's chest gently touching the wound with my finger. Then slowly my eyes travelled up to meet his blue. And it was the look in them that made me realise our closeness. Making my stomach just flip entirely upside down.

I lowered my gaze back to my hand on Mac's bare chest. But instead of awkwardly moving away from him i started buttoning his shirt while he stood still. And then i cleared my throat.

"Uh..so..what i actually came here to tell you was that um..."

Come on Addi, you can do this! I encouraged myself in my head.