8.

Next day

The Phoenix Foundation HQ

Next morning P.T. came early to the Phoenix HQ so i came along with her. She told me to stay at home but i didn't listen to her....as always. She got to her work and i was just roaming around.

And as i walking to the War room, i found Mac already sitting alone on the couch inside. He was sitting with his feet up on the table in front of him, doing something with a paperclip in his hands. The first thing that came to my mind to see him was..
How could she do that to him!
I stood there observing him through the glass for a second when suddenly...

"Are you planing to stand there all day or you're gonna come in?"
Mac suddenly spoke up without even looking my way.

"Are you planing to stand there all day or you're gonna come in?"Mac suddenly spoke up without even looking my way

Surprised, for a second i thought how did he know about my presence when i didn't even make a noise.

"Oh come on Addi, he's an agent! He's supposed be aware of his surroundings."
I told myself in my head.

I cleared my throat before entering the room. And as i did Mac put his feet off the table, sitting straight. My eyes went on the bowl full of paperclips on the table which i didn't notice before.

"Hey!" I greeted him with a smile.
"Hey!" Mac smiled back.

"What are you doing here alone?" I asked taking a seat beside him after placing my side bag on the table.

"Uh.. just waiting for everybody. Thornton called everyone early so. "

I nodded at his answer.

"And you? What are you doing here so early?" I gazed up at Mac again at his question.

"P.T. was coming so. I didn't want to be alone at home. Though, there were alot of armed guards for my company but I'd rather be with humans than guns." Mac laughed a little at that. And so did i.

"I thought you'd want to take rest after what happened yesterday. I mean, it was quite a long day." Mac continued.

"Yeah, it was. But i slept well last night. The water you gave me still had some effects on me. "
I said making Mac freeze completely in his seat. Then he slowly lifted his gaze at me. Probably trying to figure out what to say.

"Yup, i figured it out." I added when Mac couldn't say anything.

"Uh..Look, I'm sorry..okay. I know i shouldn't have done that but you were so scared and I couldn't think of anything better than this. But don't worry, it was only a sleeping pill kind of effect. Nothing harmful." Mac explained.