7.

Present Day

"Seriously, I'm still quite shocked. I mean... I didn't know a laptop could also save our lives. That too in such an innovative way. " I added sarcastically after telling P.T. about the whole incident.

"Well, it actually can if you have Mac." The girl with awesome hair looked teasingly at Mac, making all of us laugh.

"Anyways, I'm glad that noone is hurt. You both did a great job." P.T. gestured at Mac and Jack. Mac nodded while Jack was about to say something but got interrupted.
"Now before you flatter yourself Jack! Let me move on and introduce you all. " We all tried to control our laughs as P.T. raised her palm at Jack and he shut his mouth as quickly as he had opened it.

"Addi, i assume you've already met Mac and Jack. Meet Miss Riley Davis, our technical specialist."
We shook hands.
"Glad to meet you." Riley smiled.
"Like wise."
"And everyone this is Addison Madd... Uh..Grace..Addison Grace." My smile faded a little as that happened. But P.T. quickly covered up. "She's the daughter of my best friend but more like own. Years ago her mother and i used to work for The Phoenix together when it was known as The DXS."

"I'm sorry, Used to?" Jack slightly shook his head. Which completely stole my smile away.

P.T. took a small pause before speaking. "Um..unfortunately, we lost her in a mission few years ago. "

"I'm sorry." Jack spoke softly. I said nothing but shook my head at him at his polite gesture. When honestly, it was hurting bad on the inside. It was never easy to talk about Mom's death. But when looking away my eyes went on Mac right next to Jack. And he wasn't looking at me with pitiful eyes instead there was an encouraging smile on his face, which kind of made me feel better and smile back at him.

"Uh..P.T. Would you please now tell me what's going on? What made you call me here so suddenly? And who were those guys?" I finally asked spreading seriousness in the room.
P.T. inhaled taking a small pause and then gestured me to take a seat. We all got settled.

"Addi, What I'm about to tell you is..." P.T. was hesitating a little. "Uh.."

"What is it P.T. ?"

P.T. took another pause.

"Look, i know you have a lot of questions but I need you to listen to me very carefully, Addi.

...your life is in danger."

I was completely out of my senses for a second.
"What? " I took a glance at Mac, Jack and Riley.

P.T. nodded at my reaction. "We have intel that someone out there is trying to target you."

"Wait, I'm not getting it. Why would someone try to target me. And for what?"

"Unfortunately, i don't have any answers to those questions right now but i promise you Addi, whoever is trying to harm you, isn't far from being behind the bars. Just don't worry about anything, alright? As long as I'm here i won't even let anyone touch you."

Later on P.T. asked me to give her a minute with her team so i walked outside the room and just wandered around for a while, wondering who would try to target me and why. For a second a silly thought came to my mind that could it be Mindy Dakota taking revange of her broken award shelf? But i immediately shook the thought away.

"Hey!"
A voice startled me and i turned to find Mac approaching me.

"Hey! Done with your secret meeting?" I asked a little teasingly.

"Yeah! "

"Let me guess, P.T. strictly told you guys to take care of me and not to leave me alone?"
Mac just looked at me for a second.
"Um..not really, we were just discussing something...else."