He gave me a confused look. "You're talking to me again?" He asked slowly. "You made it pretty clear that -"

I smirked at him. "That I think you're a huge and complete twat."

"Yes."

"Well, David, I believe in giving people second chances. And if Mary Margaret's giving you one, I might as well." I grabbed the fork and twirled it around my finger. "But if you break that, I will bash your skull in and feed it to the seagulls."

David chuckled. I raised my eyebrow at him. "Oh, you're serious."

"When it comes to Mary Margaret."

"Then I shouldn't waste this second chance." He pulled his coffee back. "So...how are you?"

"Do you really care?"

David nodded. "Yeah, I do. Mary Margaret isn't always on my mind." I raised my eyebrow at him. He realized what he said and shook his head. "Not that I'm thinking about you in that way. I'm am adult and you're a teenager..."

I cut him off. "Most people don't care about that." I mean, look at him and Kathryn. They say they're the same age, but I'm not so sure. Kathryn looks old enough to be his mother.

"What I mean is, I've been thinking about your safety. Like that other day, you got on a stranger's bike. He could have been a rapist or something."

That got me to chuckle. "One: his name's August. Two: I can assure you that he is not a bloody rapist, he's really cool. And three: I appreciate the concern, but I can take care of myself."

"Ok, but if you want to talk, about anything at all, just come and find me."

I gave him a smile. "Will do."

We heard the door open. "You take newborns?" I heard behind me. I turned to see Ashley giving her baby to Granny. "'Cause I'd love six hours off."

Another smile broke into my face as I got up from my spot. "Ashley," I greeted. "I didn't even recognize you." She looked good for someone who just had a baby.

She grabbed a chair before she sat next to Mary Margaret. "Baby on the outside?"

I cooed the baby. "I can't believe how cute she's gotten." I smirked at Ashley. "She's going to be one hell of a looker, better keep those dashing rapscallions away." She chuckled as I made my way over to the their table.

"How's it going?" Emma asked as I sat next to her.

"It's, uh..." Ashley breathed. "It's, uh..." I noticed Mary Margaret and David stealing glances. I smacked her arm before gesturing towards the table before they got caught. "I mean, baby's great, but, uh, we really haven't had time to do the whole getting married thing so that's been rough. And Sean's been working double shifts at the cannery." That sucks.

Mary Margaret nodded in understanding. "Well, he has to work."

I raised my eyebrow at her. "On Valentine's Day?" I mean, he just had a baby. He should at least spend the day with his girlfriend and baby.

Ruby handed Ashley her coffee while she let out a tired sigh. "He couldn't get out of it."

"I'm sorry. That sucks," Emma said and I nodded in agreement. No one should be alone on Valentine's Day.

"It doesn't have to," Ruby piped up. She gave Ashley a suggestive smile. "Come out with me. Let's have a girl's night. We can all go. Mary Margaret, Emma, too. If you leave the badge at home."

"Can I go?" I asked hopefully.

Ruby shook her head. "Sorry, Jax, you're not old enough."

"Bloody hell."