The Shepherd

Fairytale World

You know, a regular father would take his daughter to see the village, not scam some guy in the tavern. Apparently, this guy's father gave him a pouch of chillings and Papa wants it. It's another lesson he taught me to do...be the distraction.

Papa drowned his rum and pointed at the guy, "Alright, Cassie, remember the plan?"

"Charm my way into the lads heart and steal his gold from under him." I smirked.

He smiled and patted my shoulder, "Be charming, but not too charming."

I snorted, "Papa, look at me. I'm charming all on my own."

He chuckled, "You certainly are my daughter. Now, go."

I chugged the rest of my water before walking over to the lad. I sat down next to him and gave him my dashing smile, "Hi. I'm Cassandra Jones." The lad is quite shy. His cheeks were turning pink as he tried not to look at me. "What's a handsome lad like you doing out here?" Again nothing. "Could I at least get a name? It's quite rude not introducing yourself to a lady."

He began stuttering, "It's Eli - Elias. Elias Thompson."

Elias finally looked at me. I smirked, I got him right where I want him.

Storybrooke

Kathryn invited the whole town to celebrate David's return home. It was fine, but I noticed that he kept looking around the house. Like if he was looking for something...or someone.

"She's not here." I said when he stopped in front of me. He gave a confused look, which caused me to roll my eyes. "Mary Margaret."

"How do you -"

I cut him off with a chuckle, "David, you look like a lost puppy looking for her." He sighed. "For the guest of honor, you look like you don't want to be here."

He sat next to me, "She's not here because of me."

"No, she decided to watch Ed, Edd, N' Eddy at home." I said sarcastically. "David, you're married. I could see why she wants to avoid you. Getting involved with a married man is a big no no."

"But, that's the thing. The man who married Kathryn wasn't me." I opened my mouth to say something but he cut me off. "I know, it doesn't make sense. But...whatever I felt for Kathryn isn't there, like someone forced me to marry her."

"But you did. No one forced you to do anything."

"I understand that, but every time I'm around Mary Margaret, I get this feeling in my chest. A good one. Like the world stops because she's there. Her smile brightens my day. I don't think I ever felt like that about anyone."

That warms my heart a little. Sure, David is married, hell, I even have a rule against that, but he really does care about Mary Margaret. He looks like he could make her happy and that's all I want for her. Mary Margaret does so much and doesn't ask anything for return. She needs something good in her life.

I sighed, "She's at her house, go."

"What?"

I chuckled, "I said go. I'll cover for you."

He started smiling, "Thank you...."

I held my hand out, "Jacqueline Gold, but you can call me Jax."

He shook my hand as we both stood up. To my surprise, he hugged me. "Thank you. I owe you one."

We pulled apart. "You don't owe me anything, but Mary Margaret is like a mother to me. If you hurt her, in any way, I will hurt you. Got it?"