Skin Deep

Let's see, what exciting things happened this week? Oh, um, Emma and Sydney accused Regina of stealing the town's money to make another house, but it turns out that it was a playground for the kids since The Castle was destroyed. Henry lost his fairytale book and now he's going overboard on remembering which character everyone in town is. Mary Margaret and David decided to 'see each other' without getting caught. Oh, and I keep getting these weird dreams with me and that boy in the woods. If not him, then this man who looks a lot like me with a hook for a hand.

I couldn't tell my dad about it. If I told Henry then he's going to think it's my 'memories' trying to resurface. So, there's only one person I could go to...Emma. Good thing I get to job shadow with her.

I've been quiet on the whole ride to Granny's when she pulled over. "All right, what's wrong? You're usually in a happier mood whenever you come to the station."

I sighed. "I really don't know. I keep having these weird dreams with the same guy the past few days. They keep getting weirder, like I'm in his bed and -"

Emma slowly nodded her head as she cut me off. "That's normal."

I raised my eyebrow. "It is?"

She scratched the back of her ear nervously. "Yeah. Jax, you're still going through puberty and it's normal to have these kinds of dreams." Is she thinking what I think she's thinking? "You might have seen people or some show -"

I cut her off. "No, no, no. Not that type of dream. Mary Margaret and Regina already gave the sex talk."

She let out a nervous chuckle. "Oh, good. Then that makes this less uncomfortable."

"I was gonna say we were in his bed just talking. Come on, Emma, I'm not going to have sex anytime soon."

She nodded. "Smart girl."

I sighed. "It's either us talking on his hammock looking bed and talking or him doing some crazy shit. If it's not him it would be this man with a hook."

Emma raised her eyebrow at me. "Hook? Like Captain Hook?"

"Yes! What the bloody hell does it mean?"

Emma gave me a small smile. "Maybe you shouldn't let Henry read you his stories."

I sighed. "Am I crazy?"

"No, you're not. Maybe, since Henry thinks you're Captain Hook's daughter, you're starting to think about your real dad. Do you ever miss him?"

Do I miss my dad? I don't know. From what Dad said, my real dad never gave a damn about me. I shrugged my shoulders. "I don't know."

Emma placed her hand on my shoulder. "It's ok if you do."

I raised my eyebrow at her. "Do you?"

She gave me a sad nod. "I do. Jax, I think Mr. Gold will understand if you miss your dad. He is your dad after all." I just nodded. "Come on, let's go eat. My treat."

I smirked at her. "All right, lass. What's good, burger or hot dog? Or maybe I should get both."

She chuckled as we got out. "Don't get carry away."

"Aye, love." We entered the diner and the first thing I see is Mary Margaret and David making goo goo eyes at each other.  I rolled my eyes. "You taking Mary Margaret or David?" Emma gave me a look. "Bloody hell."

I waved at Ruby before plopping myself in David's booth while Emma took Mary Margaret's. David looked surprised that I'm sitting here. "Jax?"

I reached over and took his coffee before taking a sip. "You know, for trying to keep this relationship on the dl, you're not doing a good job at it."