In the Name of the Brother

I tried to push Papa back, but he kept groaning with every move he made. I tried to drown out Belle's yelling at the Dark One while he's trying to comfort her. Papa moved again, but ended up grunting while holding his side.

"Don't move, Papa," I said. He moved a bit, but ended up groaning again. I pushed his shoulders down as gently as I could. "I said don't move. You could have a few broken ribs." I heard the police sirens and looked up to see a cop car coming towards us. "Bloody hell. Emma."

Papa grabbed my arm. "Remember, you didn't know I was here," he groaned in pain. "You didn't have any part in this."

My mouth flew open. "But, Papa -"

I was cut off when David came out of the car. "Are you ok?" He asked. I looked back to see him running towards Belle and the Crocodile.

Emma came out the driver side, the police radio walkie in her hand. "I'm at the town line. Two people down, maybe three."

I ignored the rest of what she was saying and looked towards Papa. My lip was quivering as I held his hand.

"Why did you push me out of the way?" I whispered. The car was in front of me. I was the one who was suppose to get hit.

Papa squeezed my hand. "I'm your father. I'm suppose to protect you." I used my free hand to wipe the tears that were trying to come out.

"She crossed over the line. She doesn't remember," I heard the Crocodile yell.

Two pairs of arms grabbed me and pulled me up. "Jax, get away from him!" Emma said.

When she pulled me up, she held me in a motherly way. I hate that I have to pretend not to be a part of this. My mouth flew open as I held onto Emma, I think that shocked her a bit. Don't blame her though.

"He's here," I whispered. "But, how?"

Papa held on to his side while looking up at Emma. "Hey, beautiful," his voice strained before groaning. Emma made sure I was behind her before kneeling next to him. "Here, I didn't think you'd notice." He yelled when Emma gently pushed his side in. "Aah!"

"I think your ribs are broken," she said.

I stood behind them as I began biting my nail. "That's what I told him."

"Oh, that must be why it hurts when I laugh," Papa rushed out. "Did you see his face? His one true love, gone in an instant!" My eyes widen when Papa rolled to his side and used his arm to hold him up. He glared at the Crocodile. "Just like Milah, Crocodile..." Papa groaned as Rumple walked over to us. "When you took her from me."

"But you took her first," Rumple said before kicking Papa down. Then he knelt down and placed his cane over Papa's neck. Emma and I ran towards him, trying to pull him away.

"Gold, are you insane?!" She yelled.

"Yes, I am!" He sneered while digging his cane deeper.

I pulled on his arm. "Get off of him!"

He glared down at Papa. "I told you to stay away from her."

"She was never yours to behind with," Papa choked out.

Then David ran over and tried to help us. "You can't do that!" David pushed me to Snow, who wrapped her arms around me.

"I can if you let me go," Rumple sneered.

Emma gave him a pleading look. "You don't want her to see that."

"I'm a stranger to her."

"Murder is a bad first impression."