The Stable Boy

I can't get the past 24 hours out of my head. What Jefferson did to Emma. What he tried to do to me and Mary Margaret. He's not right in his mind. He actually thinks that he's the Mad Hatter from Henry's book.

Jefferson's House

Mary Margaret somehow escaped her cell last night. I don't know how, but it looks worse on her because her trial was in a few days. I promised Henry to follow Emma to find her before she leaves Storybrooke. Emma was near the town line, but skid to a stop when we almost ran over Jefferson - who had a twisted ankle. We took him to his home, more like a bloody mansion if you ask me.

He came over and handed us a few cups of tea. "Here we go. I thought you guys might want to warm up for your search. It's cold out there."

I gladly took it. "That is kind of you, but I think we should get back to it," Emma said.

"I know. That's why I brought this." Jefferson held up a map of Storybrooke and placed it on the table.  "I'm a bit of an amateur cartographer – mapping the area is a hobby. Maybe, this will help you track down your dog."

"Wow," Emma said. I agree.

"What's his name?" Jefferson asked.

Oh, shit. Our 'dog.' I just spoke the first name that came to mind. "Killian."

Jefferson let out a small chuckle. "Cute."

I gave him a little smirk. "So are you, mate." I furrowed my eyebrows as Emma and I exchanged confused glances. Where did that come from?

Jefferson chuckled again as Emma flattened the map while we took another sip of our teas. "Well, Route Six runs the boundary of the forest," She started. I felt my eyes getting droopy. "So, if we just follow that, we should...be able to..."

I placed my hand on her shoulder as my eyes grew heavier and heavier. "You...you all right....love?"

That was all I got out. My eyes fluttered closed as I fell to the ground.

Storybrooke

I want Mary Margaret out more than anything. I know she didn't kill Kathryn, Emma knows she didn't kill Kathryn. But people are a bunch of nosy gossipers and believe she's guilty. I asked Dad if he had any ideas on how we could prove Mary Margaret's innocence and he suggested a pretrial interview. I kept arguing with him how that's a bad idea, but he kept saying that it's going to help her. How?

Even Emma agreed with me. "A pretrial interview with the prosecution? Explain to me how that is a good idea," She said. I crossed my arms with my eyebrow raised.

Dad gestured towards Mary Margaret. "The D.A. merely wishes to ask Miss Blanchard a few questions."

"She's done answering questions."

"Are we really going to trust the D.A anyway?" I asked ridiculously. "Now I watch Law and Order, and I know for a fact that the D.A might just twist Mary Margaret's words or push her into giving them the confession they want. Hell, they might even be corrupted."

Emma nodded in agreement. "So, what's the point in kissing up to the D.A? Why aren't we going after Regina? She's the one who's setting up Mary Margaret."

"And what proof do we have of that, Sheriff?" Dad argued. "Just because you found the Mayor's skeleton key in the cell, doesn't mean we can prove she put it there."

"But that might be enough proof. I mean, who else knows where the Mayor's skeleton key is or which one she bloody uses?" I retorted.

Emma sighed. "So, what's your plan?" Her question directed towards Dad.