The Cricket Game

Who would have thought dealing with Cora would bring Regina and I closer together? I didn't. But she's been really nice to me since Snow, Emma, and I returned home. I mean, we're making bloody lasagna in her kitchen for crying out loud.

"Did you remember to add the red pepper flakes?" Regina asked me.

I nodded. "How could I? You kept reminding me the past ten minutes," I joked. I could smell it cooking from the oven. I felt my stomach growling already. "How about we ditch the party and just eat it all by ourselves?"

Granny and Ruby were throwing a party for me, Snow, and Emma at the diner. I invited Regina, since she helped save us and because she's Henry's mother. Henry told me she was trying to change and I actually believe him.

"As tempting as that is, we should go. This party is about you, Emma, and Snow." I rolled my eyes. "I know you're not talking to them right now. But you should go and have fun with your friends." Yeah, right. My friends are Snow's friends. The attention is going to be mostly on her. "And Rumplestiltskin won't be there."

I grabbed the bowl of chips before I took one. "Good. I won't feel tempted to kill the demon." Regina raised her eyebrow at me. I shrugged my shoulders in response before munching on another chip. "Anyway, thanks for getting that house set up for me."

I don't know if it's because she's trying to show Henry she's changing, but Regina actually got this little house ready for me. It's perfect. It's near the docks. It's not that big. I could afford it with the money I've been saving. I give the money to her and not him. It's perfect for me.

"Well, I can't have you kill your father." I glared at her joke. She took a deep breath before getting the oven mitts. "Have you gotten everything from the shop?"

"Yep," I said while popping the 'P.' I patted my sword that was on my side. "I have my sword, which I'm never leaving again. My clothes are there. Anything else, I could just go to another shop and buy what I need. I'm finally away from that dung-for-brains."

The timer beeped and Regina got the dish out. My stomach started growling again as she placed the lasagna on the counter. Mmm, I miss her lasagna. First night back, I ate like three plates. I might have miss Chimera, but it's no lasagna.

Regina smiled. "Let's go before you attack the food."

》》》》

The party started about fifteen minutes ago, so we're late. I practically ran to Granny's if it means I get some food. Regina found my eagerness for food amusing. Come on, it's food.

When we arrived at the diner, everyone already raised their glass for a toast. Good. Glad I missed that. I never like the whole bloody hero speech to begin with. And I wanted to cringe with the 'Welcome Home, Mary Margaret, Jax, and Emma' sign. Though Emma's name was smaller than ours, so that made me happy. When the town saw me, they had huge smiles on their faces. It slowly faded away when they saw my plus one.

"Sorry we're late," Regina said.

Grumpy grabbed the knife off the counter. "What is she doing here?"

I rolled my eyes as I grabbed one of the cups. "Relax. I invited her." Snow's mouth flew open before she grabbed my arm and pulled me to the side with David and Emma. I glared at them, except David because I'm not pissed at him. "What?"

"You invited Regina?" Emma asked.

"Is that a problem? She saved our bloody lives. She's the reason why we're here."

Emma shook her head. "It's not a problem. I'm glad you did." Snow then snapped her gaze at Emma. "Jax is right. And it doesn't matter what she did in the past, we owe her our thanks now."