Nanny

Chapter 17

>> On Friday <<

I took deep breathes in an attempt to calm myself down. Jerome glanced at me from the side of his eyes, a worrief look in his eyes. I gave him a strained smile, trying to push aside my own troubles away.

"You okay, Maya?" He asked before turning off the engine. I looked out the window to see the house of the lady I was working for.

"I really don't know. I'm not good around people and this is my first part-time job of my choice. . ." I muttered, playing with my fingers.

"You'll be fine, g. Just take it easy." He grinned, ruffling my hair. I blushed softly before fixing up my hair.

"Thanks, Jerome."

"See you later, Maya." He drove off after a last smile.

I took another deep breathe before walking up to the door. Biting my lip, I raised my hand and knocked on it. After a moment, the door opened to reveal the lady I was working for.

She seemed to be a posh lady. Her hair was in a professional bun and her outfit was a simple suit with a pencil skirt. She seemed taller with her who knows how tall heels.

"Er, hello. I'm Maya, your baby and pet sitter." I said, smiling awkwardly. She stared at me, looking at me up and down, judging every part of me. She clicked her tongue twice.

"Come in. I expected something different, but you will do for now." She turned around to walk in the house when a phone ringed loudly. With a hushed curse, she told me to go in and check up on her family.

Doing so, I saw male twins on the couch in front of a tv, playing a video game. They kept shouting at each other, a grin on their face. In the kitchen was a young teenage girl, talking on the phone as she petted a dog.

"Uh. . hello?" I hesitantly said, scratching my head. The girl stared at me before whispering a hushed 'goodbye' to the person. The twins stopped their game to look at me.

"So, you're Mom's newest nanny, huh? You're kind of young, to be honest." The girl bluntly stated, checking her nails nonchalantly. Her little brothers nodded at the statement.

"Yes, and I'm assuming your goal is to make me run?" My lips curved a little, enjoying their raw honesty as they nodded.

"Well, I might not be the most qualified, but I'm a little stubborn. Hopefully."

'I'm hoping that Anglia's stubborness rubbed off on me.'