Part-Time

Chapter 16

>> Marse <<

I blinked tiredly as my eyes skim across the ads on the paper. After Mitch and Brandon found out that I now had a Minecraft account, they made me play with them all night. Now, I was drowsy and a bit irritated with myself.

"Hey, Marse! The three of us will be to go get some things, so go ahead and do anything you want. See you!" Mitch yelled, the other two just waving at me.

With a late nod of acknowledgement, I continued searching for a good part-time job. It seems odd to look for one in a newspaper nowadays, but it seemed like I could get a better job by looking through newspapers.

"Hey, Maya! Totally forgot about some-"

I stared at him as he stared at the newspaper. I was a foot or two away, but the bold letters helped him see what I was looking at.

"A part-time job, Maya?" He asked, raising a brow in confusion. I sheepishly nodded, huffing.

"Why don't you just do Youtube?"

The thought had occured to me a few times, but it didn't seem like my thing. It was hard enough for me to keep a chat going with people (unless it was close friends), but commentating for people consistently?

No, it didn't appeal to me.

Well, it kind of did. Minecraft was fun, playing with friends or just going solo. I liked the playing Minecraft part, just not keep on talking for who knows how long. That, and I lacked the needed equipment.

"I could lend you some of my old equipment and you can easily get a good screen recorder. Why not try it out?" He shrugged.

I had a hesitant look on my face; should I do this? It could provide money if I succeeded and it does involve my new addiction, but what about all of the haters and the negativity?

I sighed.

"No, thanks. I'll think about it, but I'd rather go for a different job." I answered. Jerome nodded in understanding before leaving again.

I continued my search for a good, average-paying job in the newspaper ads. One ad popped out at me; it was an ad for someone looking to babysit their baby and look after their pets.

It didn't seem difficult. I had plenty of experience with kids and pets when I was younger and with Anglia.

With a (another) soft sigh, I dialed the number shown and talked to the mother. After explaining why I would be a good choice, she accepted me for the job.

"Thank you, Mrs. Brelle. Yes, I'll see you on Friday at 9 PM. Yes, goodbye." I said before hanging up.

Well, that was out of the way at least.

--

I felt really bad for leaving you so have a chappie that I wrote at 3:25 AM on 2 bag of Takis and a full can of chugged Pepsi. See you, love you (in a friendly way), :)

Also, surprise coming up and it does not involve a book. Er, technically. Just wait.