Books

- Chapter Three

I bit my lip as my foot tapped on the floor of the BookStore. It was a weird name, but tons of people come here, so I guess the simple name of it works.

Anglia was browsing through their bestsellers section, trying two or three more books to buy for someone. She didn't really like to read; she's a major gamer. Almost half of her day is always just playing video games. It was a bit annoying, but I didn't voice my thoughts.

"Do you think my friend would like this book?" She held up Harry Potter and the Sorcerer's Stone.

"I don't know your friend, Angie." I said, using her nickname. She stared at me blankly, but sighed.

"I'll just buy it, I guess."

I admit, I felt a bit guilty. Though I didn't do much, I felt like I should've at least said yes. My stomach suddenly dropped; was I being a good friend? She was to me, but what about me? Bad thoughts ran through my mind.

"Come on, Marse. I'm done with buying." Anglia grinned.

We left the BookStore and continued to walk around the mall, usually stopping when Anglia found something she liked. Soon, a few hours had already passed and we were on our way back.

We sat in our usual silence; the only sound is the electronics music. I stared out at the window, my thoughts from before haunting me.

Anglia was popular, sassy, humorous, kind, etc. I, however, was quiet, shy, reserved, etc. She could have easily chosen not to become my friend and just left me by myself. And she could easily leave me by myself again.

I sighed softly. Maybe I should be a little louder. A little sassier. The thought of it didn't seem that appealing. So, I'll just maybe speak up more. And I could start with a question I've been wanting an answer to for ages.

"Angie, can you tell me about your Youtube life?"