thirty one

🌿🥀🌿
joshua thanked the nurse as he left, pushing open the white doors as he sulked down the white halls. the hospital staff gave joshua thirty dollars to catch a cab outside the hospital since his car was at hom-

tyler's.

his car was at tyler's.

he didn't have a home anymore. what he did to tyler was disgusting, it was his fault and all he wanted to do was go home and punish himself, but he had nowhere to go. he knew tyler didn't want to see him, but that's where all his shit was, so that's where he ordered the taxi to go.

joshua stepped out of the yellow car and handed the man twenty seven dollars plus three for a tip. he walked up to the flimsy white door and stood there for a while, contemplating whether or not he should go in. finally, he knocked on the door.

"come in!" he heard someone yell from inside, rather cheerfully.

joshua slowly opened the door, nervous as to what he would find inside.

what he didn't expect was to see his boyfriend doing cocaine on their coffee table.

"hey there." tyler said, shit eating grin and white powder spread across his face.

"tyler, what the fuck!" joshua yelled, grabbing the bag of powder off the table. "what the fuck are you doing?"

tyler opened his half-closed eyes. "coping. what the fuck are you doing, josh?" he asked, not raising his voice. "what the fuck are you doing in my house?"

joshua stood in the doorway, unsure of what to say. "i had nowhere else to go."

"what about your new lover's house? i bet they'd love to see you!" tyler said smiling, mocking joshua. he leaned back onto the couch and wiped his bleeding nose.

"i don't even know his name, tyler. i was drunk and depressed and i didn't mean it and i'm sorry." he said, rambling.

tyler wiped his nose. "id like to hear the full story." he said, leaning up.

joshua breathed. "i didn't go to the store. i went to a bar and i got shitfaced drunk with a fake ID and fucked a dude behind the building." he said, voice low. "i'm sorry for lying to you and taking the cowards way out instead of telling you."

tyler breathed, sitting back. "did you enjoy it?"

joshua didn't answer.

"joshua." he said, opening his eyes. he tried to stand up, but his head rushed and his eyes fluttered. he fell back onto the couch. joshua reached out to help him, but tyler hit his arm.

"did you fucking enjoy it!" tyler yelled, eyes watering with anger.

joshua stood back. "i don't know." he said quietly. "i think so."

tyler laughed, his euphoric high entering a stage of depressed hysteria. "you're fucking crazy." he said, still chuckling. "i can't fucking believe you, you're fucking crazy."

joshua breathed as tyler stood up, steadying himself. "i know. i know i am."

tyler swallowed, stepping up to joshua. he was shaking, whether from anger or fear or sadness joshua couldn't tell. suddenly, tyler pulled joshua into a kiss, deep but cold. joshua stood, his eyes wide open before pushing tyler away, wildly confused.

"what the hell are you fucking doing?" joshua yelled, the stale taste of cocaine in his mouth.

tyler smiled as he stared at the ground, wavering as he stood.

"i wanted one last taste of you." he said to the ground.

joshua stood still, completely unsure of what to say. tyler's hysterical high was absolutely bewildering. "you're just as fucking crazy as i am." he said, angry.

tyler laughed. he looked up from the floor into joshua's confused gaze.

"i love you, joshua." he said, leaning down to the table and wiping the stray powder onto the ground.

"but we're too fucking crazy for each other."
🌿🥀🌿