fourteen

🌿🥀🌿
trigger warning (psychotic break)

tyler sat on the cool grass watching josh skate across the concrete. he flipped to the back of his sketchbook where the rest of his drawings of josh were and began to add onto the fourth page.

he drew josh the was he saw him last night; shirtless and scarred, his pink hair barely visible in the dim light of his bedroom.

tyler let go of his pencil as he started to feel uneasy. his mood had been swinging all day and he was expecting an episode, but not now.
not from him.

"josh..." tyler said. "josh!" he said louder. josh turned his head and jogged over.

"i need to go home." tyler said, standing up and holding the sides of his head.

josh frowned. "are you okay?" he asked nervously, worry hanging heavy in his voice.

"i need to go home before i forget where i live!" tyler confessed, yelling.

"it's okay tyler. do you want me to walk with you?" josh asked. tyler nodded.

josh picked up tyler's bag and skateboard as well as his own and started down the sidewalk next to him.

they walked in silence, tyler picking at the hem on his striped button-up shirt as he got closer to his house.

he stopped at the last house on the road, a small white home that resembled a cabin. it was cozy yet eerie looking, like it didn't belong where it sat in its foundation.

"thank you." tyler said, taking his bag and his skateboard from josh. "i'll text you."

"okay, see you later." josh said, jumping on his board and skating away.

tyler walked up the small white steps into the lonely house and set his bag down inside the door. he grew nervous as he wandered aimlessly around his empty house, waiting for a break in his seemingly calm mood.

as soon as he started to sweat he sprinted up the stairs and locked himself in the bathroom. he slid down the wall into the corner as he rocked himself, breathing heavily.

die, it whispered, casting him away. tyler wanted to shut his eyes but he knew it would just make things clearer. he hoped he would pass out soon.

go away! it said, yelling this time. tyler rocked back and forth as tears came to his eyes.

he pulled on his hair as he whispered the only thing that made him calm down anymore, but he knew it wouldn't work.

"this isn't who you are," he whispered, rocking against the wall. "this isn't who you are, this isn't who you are, this isn't who you are!" he yelled, punching the wall before returning his now bloody hand back to his head, pulling on his chocolate locks.

tyler's hands shook as he turned, reaching for the electric razor on his bathroom counter. he slipped on a comb and turned it on, the buzzing only making his migraine worse.

cold tears rushed down his face as he slowly but shakily ran the buzz cutter down the center of his head.

"this isn't who you are!" he screamed as the voices got louder and louder and the darkness got bigger and bigger and the amount of hair on the floor got larger and larger until the only thing that was left was a bald head and a mess of a human being.

"this isn't who you are," he whispered.

"this isn't who i am."
🌿🥀🌿