nineteen

(an: that isn't what tyler's living room looks like but it's what the couch looks like)
🌿🥀🌿
tyler sat on the sinking couch, watching late night tv that he wasn't interested in. he ate his kraft macaroni in silence as he flipped through the channels silently. he came to a jeopardy re-run and stopped.

suddenly, a knock on his front door made him jump. he got up, pausing the tv and opened the door.

josh stood on his front steps, weary and broken. there were tears on his face and in his eyes, and his hair was a tattered, mangled mess. he dropped his skateboard and his backpack and hugged tyler tightly, desperately.

"josh," tyler said as he pulled away. "what happened?"

josh walked into his house and dropped his backpack on the floor. he sunk into the couch and sighed, tears flowing freely down his face.

"my parents found out about us." he said. his voice was so broken, it hurt tyler to hear. he'd never heard josh so hurt before. he seemed smaller as he wiped his eyes with his sweatshirt sleeve.

"they kicked me out."

"josh," tyler said, sinking into the couch next to him. he pulled josh into a hug, his head resting on tyler's collarbone. "josh that's terrible, are you okay?"

josh sighed against his chest. "i'm fine. my parents have always been assholes, but now i have no idea where to go."

"stay here." tyler said, pulling josh closer. "stay here with me, please."

"i don't want to live off you tyler, that's selfish."

"no, i want you to," he said as josh pulled away. "live with me. my mom is on a business trip for the entire summer."

"i would feel bad."

"you would feel worse living on the streets. "

josh huffed a weak laugh. "you're not wrong."

tyler pulled him back into a hug. "i love you."

"i love you too."
🌿🥀🌿