Chapter 35

"The world as you know it can fall apart so easily, so quickly, and so unexpectedly. How it can affect you? Think about it, the answer is right in front of your eyes."

3rd Person POV:

Luke was dragging Harry away to a different section that was separated from the newly constructed palace. As much as Harry needed to get back to Rose so that he could explain, he couldn't move with the shadows binding him.

Harry grit his teeth together, angry that he couldn't do anything right now. I've screwed up so badly this time. He thinks to himself grimly and lets out a sigh. If only he had said something sooner, maybe he could've stopped this. 

"What's the matter, Harry? Can't stand the thought that Rose is separated from you AND she knows the truth?" Luke teases him and Harry glares at him. "How did you even find out?!" Harry snaps and Luke grins.

"Let's just say I tortured the right people into telling me." Luke says and anger boils inside of Harry. The demon beside Luke just laughs, obviously knowing what Luke did and was enjoying the suffering Harry was going through.

They reached a tall building that resembled a prison. Harry's eyes were wide as he saw the massive stone bricks piled at least 15 feet into the air, the metal door to the building swinging open.

Harry is led inside the dimly lit building, going through hallways and turning corners constantly. I don't know where this is, but this is a maze in here. Harry thinks to himself, looking around the dreary atmosphere and noticing how moist the air was.

"Where am I?" Harry asks but Luke just smirks at him, shaking his head. "Don't spoil the surprise, Harry." Luke teases and Harry glares at him once again.

They finally stop in front of a big door, Harry's eyes widening at the sight of it. It was a door made up of pure metal, and Harry could sense that it was enhanced with a demon's power of earth.

The demon with Luke opened up the door and Luke threw Harry inside, making him fall to the ground since he was still bound by the shadows.

As soon as Harry hit the floor, he noticed how damp the cell was. Looking all around, he saw that the cell had been practically sprayed down by water, making the air inside damp and cold.

"W-what kind of prison cell is this?" Harry asks and Luke begins to laugh, an evil smile on his face as he faces Harry.

"It's a fire-resistant cell. You won't be escaping anytime soon." he says and fear goes through Harry as the shadows disappear from him and the door slams in his face. Harry bangs on the door, desperate to get out.

"NO!" he yells, but it was no use. There wasn't a way possible for him to escape. He was trapped inside a prison where he couldn't depend on his magic or his strength to save him. "Damn it. Rose, I'm so sorry." he whispers to himself, curling up in a ball on the floor and regretting everything that he had done. He should've just stayed away from this place, and never agreed to do anything. Because now that he did, he lost another person he deeply cared about.

Luke and the demon walked out of the prison, locking it up tightly so that there was extra security on Harry. Luke didn't want any chances of him escaping, because Luke knew that if Harry escaped, there was a possibility that he could lose.

"Are you sure you want to do all this?" the demon, Dean, asked Luke and Luke shot him a dark glare. "Of course I do. It's not like I have a choice anyways. You know that I have to." Luke growls and Dean sighs.

Luke and Dean made their way back to the palace, where they went to the room where Rose was left. "Dean, leave me and the princess alone. I would like to have a few words with her." Luke says and Dean bows to him slightly, turning around and leaving.

When Luke enters the room, Rose's head pops up from her knees, and Luke could automatically tell that she had been crying. The thought made him satisfied yet guilty at the same time.

"What are you going to do to me?" Rose asks Luke and he begins to laugh. "Why do you think that I would do something to you, Princess?" he sneers and Rose looks down at the ground.

She didn't know what to think anymore. All that she's ever known has been thrown around and torn up. She doesn't know who's right and who's wrong. Who's good and who's evil.

"Just know that you don't have any hope left." Luke says darkly, walking over until he was in front of her. Picking Rose up, he holds her above his head and watches as her eyes widen. Rose's mind becomes filled with fear, hoping that he wasn't going to choke her to death.

The pendant on Rose's neck catches Luke's eye, and he drops her to the ground with a thud. "Oh, what's this?" he asks and tries to touch it. Rose gasps, slapping his hand away and clutching the pendant close to her.

Luke's eyes grow dark and Rose's eyes fill with terror. "That's how you were able to transform, I get it now. You're only a threat when you have that with you." he says and begins to reach out towards the pendant.

Rose could hear Reyna's whisper, telling her that she can't let him break it. Something about breaking the pendant would cause...

Reyna's voice was blurred to Rose's ears by Luke's hand grabbing it. Rose screamed out, which earned her a slap across the face. She held her burning cheek, scared of what was going to be happening to her.

Luke snapped the pendant off of Rose's neck, examining it in his hand. This is too valuable to destroy, but she can't have it either.

"Lucky for you, Princess, I'm not going to destroy it. I'm taking your source of power away from you, and I'm keeping it in my room, in MY possession. You won't be having any strength to fight me soon, now are you?" he sneers, leaving the room with a sick smile on his face and slamming the door shut behind him, leaving a very distressed Rose by herself.

Rose put her hands on the ground, staring at it while tears fell off her face. "This isn't supposed to happen. This isn't how it's supposed to end." she cries, banging her hand against the ground in anger, sadness, and desperation.

"WHY??" she screams, falling to the ground and crying. The Darkness that she had been fearing has come. It came faster than she wanted it to, and she wasn't ready for all that it had brought her.

The Darkness Rose, and it has taken over. The Kingdom of Light has fallen, Dragmere is now under the demon's rule, and it's all Rose's fault.

Everything, everything was being consumed by darkness. And the two heroes that could save it? They were out of hope, out of luck, and definitely out of time.

They lost.

And that is the end. How did you guys like the ending? Kind of sad, huh? Well, I have good news to that! I am indeed making a sequel to this story. So, the sequel will have much more intense action, and be a lot faster paced than this one was. I really hope you like it and I'm looking forward to doing it. I'll be posting the prologue with this chapter, so go check it out! It's called Darkness Falls, so I hope you'll want to know what happens!! Love you guys, and I hope to see you in the sequel!!

Darkness Rises-Harry Stylesजहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें