Chapter 7

"Curiosity is not a sin...but we should exercise caution with our curiosity...yes, indeed."

Rose's POV:

It was now dinner time for us, and Harry and I had just been seated at our dining room table, our glasses filled with water since we were underage and my parents wouldn't allow minors to drink wine, even if it was for a dinner.

My mother and father were seated across from us, wine filling their glasses. They usually had one glass every dinner, then if they finished it, they would be served water. I silently prayed that this wasn't going to be an awkward dinner, and that Harry would make it easier to convince them to somehow let him stay. Because me doing it on my own wasn't going to be very easy, my parents don't usually let strangers stay in the house for very long. I'm actually surprised that they didn't kick Harry out already.

"So Harry, where are you from?" Queen Anna asks and I stiffen, watching as Harry easily smiles at the Queen, not at all worried over her question. He must've already had this completely thought out so that he wouldn't look suspicious. He brings his hands together in his lap politely, looking at her with a big smile.

"I'm from the Western region of Dragmere, the far side of it where the forest begins." He says and she smiles happily, nodding her head to him. "I hear that's a fine place, my boy." King George says and Harry nods his head.

"Yes sir, very nice indeed. Although it is nothing compared to the beauty of the Northern region." He replies, gesturing to the palace which makes both my parents smile. Our food is brought out, some roasted chicken, a plate of rice, fresh fruits, rolls and a salad. I could see Harry's eyes widen at the amount of food and I giggled at him, which made him pout at me childishly. I playfully poke his lip laughing, which makes him laugh at me. We're acting pretty good, making it seem like there is nothing wrong at all.

My parents laugh with us, their kind eyes sparkling with amusement. "My dear boy, you look like you haven't seen a decent dinner in ages!!" My father jokes and Harry gives him a sheepish grin, shrugging his shoulders slightly.

"It's been a long time, Sire." Harry says and I begin to ponder that statement he made. What could he have meant by that? It was going to bug me and I definitely needed to ask him about it. I actually find myself needing to ask him a lot of questions. Especially after he piled all of this new information on me.

"So Harry, if you don't mind me asking, what happened in the forest before Rose found you?" My mother asks curiously and Harry chuckles, obviously not liking the question but he was going to give them an answer anyways. He should've known that this question would've come up, but thankfully for him, he looks like he was prepared for anything that would've been asked.

"Well, I was helping someone I knew, and it ended up being an ambush where we were attacked. I got out with a minor wound, I don't know if I can say the same for him. I tried to look for him but I could never find my friend." He mutters, his face showing remorse. My parents look at him sympathetically and I stare at him, wondering if that was what really happened or if he just made it up.

"I'm sorry for asking. I shouldn't have pried." Queen Anna says apologetically and Harry smiles at her, shaking his head. "It's perfectly fine, Your Highness. I understand the curiosity of my situation." He says with a slight chuckle, which makes my mom smile. He really knows how to charm people, that's for sure.

We begin to eat in silence, and I'm amazed at how Harry, a vampire, is sitting here at our dining room table, EATING our food. He's actually eating it! And he doesn't even seem like it's bothering him at all. I thought vampires only drank blood? Is everything I know about vampires a lie?

I frowned slightly at the thought but shrugged it off, knowing that I was going to be asking him loads of questions later. I continued to eat in silence, thankful that dinner went well. There was some conversation here and there, but nothing too serious like the question my mother had previously asked him.

When we finished, my parents left me in charge of showing Harry to his room, which was going to be a bedroom by mine. When we got to the stairs, he gave me a cheeky grin and I glared at him, already knowing what he was about to ask.

"Are you going to trip this time, Princess?" he asks me and I huff, rolling my eyes at him and listening to him laugh. "No." I mutter stubbornly and he shakes his head at me. "We'll see." he teases and I stick my tongue out at him like a child.

I led him up the stairs, this time not tripping over anything, and when we got to the top I gave him a victorious smile. "Ha!" I laugh at him, pointing at him victoriously and he laughs at me. "Congratulations, Princess, you didn't trip and fall." he says, grabbing my wrist and pulling me to him. "Though...I would always catch you if you fell." he whispers and my cheeks heat up, making me look down so he wouldn't see my blush.

"Thanks Harry." I whisper and he lets go of me with a smile. I lead him to his room, one that is located right beside mine. I open up the door and gesture for him to go inside, but he just looks at me with a chuckle, his eyes humorous.

"Here you go, Harry. This is your room." I tell him and he smiles at me. "Thank you Princess." He says, leaning down and kissing my cheek. I blush as he enters his room, my hand holding the place where he kissed me. I shook out of my daze, walking into my room and standing beside my bed exhausted. Today was insane, I didn't even realize how much happened in one day until just now.

I stripped from my dress, putting on my night clothes and taking off all my makeup. I go to sit back down on my bed and I let out a sigh, closing my eyes. What a day, meeting Harry, having all of this explained to me...it's been crazy.

My eyes fly open when I realize what I forgot to do. "I never asked Harry all of those questions!!" I ranted to myself, upset that I had forgotten about it.

"I'm such an idiot!!" I continue to scold myself, slapping my forehead with a groan. Frowning, I huff irritated with myself, but lay down in my bed anyways, knowing that it was too late for questions tonight. Harry's probably already in bed or something...

I felt the pendant still around my neck, and I held it to me. If something has such importance, and is so vital, why does he trust me with it so easily? He treated it as if it were something fragile, so why give it to a complete stranger? It doesn't make sense to me.

The thought began to bug me but I pushed it aside, knowing that eventually I would have Harry answer all of my questions, including ones about his past. I found myself wanting to know everything about him.

How he came here in the first place, what really happened in the forest, what happened to him in the past, how old he is, his parents, siblings, friends, if he had any likes or dislikes, just...everything. He was an intriguing person and I wanted to know how he came to know about this evil and why he wanted to stop it. Why does a vampire want to help out a kingdom of light anyways? It just doesn't make any sense to me.

But what confused me the most was why was I trusting him? He's a vampire, I should be out the door running, but yet I'm drawn to him. He doesn't seem like a bad person, yet his species is known for bad things. Why do I find myself liking him around?

And why do I find myself liking him?

Hope you're all liking this :) this story is not going to be anything you've read before, I promise! It's completely original and something new, so I hope you like it. Please continue to Comment and Vote!!!