Chapter 3

"Change is never easy. You fight to hold on, and you fight to let it go."

Rose's POV:

I paced back and forth, looking at the door with worried eyes. They've been in there for 18 minutes!! What could be taking Dr. Tryst so long?? He never takes this long normally.

Okay, maybe he does. I'm just freaking out right now, but I don't care.

"Princess Rose, calm down." A guard tells me and I sigh, looking up to meet his worried gaze. "I'm sorry Phillip, I don't mean to worry you, I'm just concerned about the man inside." I say apologetically and Phillip smiles.

"Not a problem, Princess I understand." He says and I smile gently at him. The doors to the room suddenly open and my head snaps to it eagerly, watching as Dr. Tryst and James exit with relieved looks. I quickly walked to them and gave them worried looks. The pendant that Harry told me to get was still firmly grasped in my hands.

"Well? How is he?" I ask and Dr. Tryst gives me a happy smile. "No need to worry Princess, he's healing very quickly. Much better than I would have expected someone in his condition to. He'll be fine very soon." He reassures me and I let out a breath of relief. That's good. I think before smiling at them.

"Thank you." I say to Dr. Tryst and he chuckles. "Anytime, dear." He says, patting my shoulder before heading off to find my parents. I turned to James with a smile and he grinned at me.

"Congratulations Princess, you saved someone." He teases and I giggle, clapping my hands together. "I'm so glad he's safe." I say relieved and he nods to me, putting a hand on my shoulder. "You've really come far." He says and I smile again, knowing what me meant by that.

"I'll stay by him in case he wakes up." I say and James nods, winking at me and I scowl at him. He laughs, but his laughter is cut short when we hear clapping not too far away. But it's not happy clapping, it's that kind of mocking, slow clap that makes my heart clench.

"Wow, Princess. You've saved someone's life." Luke mocks me and I sigh. I really don't want to deal with him right now. "Yes Luke, I did. Now I really have to leave, so can you leave as well?" I ask nicely and he laughs at me.

"Princess, I thought you wanted to see me? I'm so hurt now." He says fake sad and I huff. "James, can you escort him away please?" I whisper and James gives me a curt nod. He faces Luke, who gives him a daring smile. It was almost as if Luke liked getting thrown out, which doesn't make any sense to me.

"Let's go, Luke." James says forcefully and Luke shakes his head with a smirk, turning around and letting James walk him out. "I'll see you later, Rose." He taunts and I sigh, looking down at the ground. I really don't like that guy, something feels off about him. Plus he was creepy, taunting, and he was mean to me, especially me.

I walk into the spare bedroom, looking at Harry laying on the bed. He's still not awake, but I can tell his breathing is regular now and his face has more color to it than it did when I first saw him. That's a really good sign, someone with that kind of wound normally doesn't heal that quickly, and he is. So he's doing really great! How he could recover so fast I don't know, but I don't really care either. If he's healing, that's a relief. That's all that matters at the moment.

I put a stool by his bedside and sit down, staring at him. I looked at the pendant in my hand, wondering how he got such a jewel. It was beautiful, but it looked a bit feminine to me...though I could be mistaken.

I touched the red jewel in the middle, feeling it's smooth surface when it started to glow, a tiny little red light coming from it. I gasped, amazed by this light and withdrew my finger, which made the glow disappear. What was that?

"Wow." I whisper and begin to look at it closer. I jumped when a hand grabbed my wrist, and I looked down to see Harry's beautiful green eyes looking at me. "Oh, uh, you're awake." I mutter, startled by how he woke up suddenly. I hadn't even noticed he was awake and I hope he didn't see me playing with the jewel. That may not end up so well.

"Where am I?" He asks and I smile. "You're in the palace, just like I said you would be." I tell him and he finally looks around the room, taking it all in. "I see." He mutters and sighs, making me tilt my head to the side confused.

"What's wrong, Harry?" I ask him and he gives me a sharp look. "Nothing of your concern, Princess." He says and I frown.

"I have your pendant." I say, holding out my hand to him. His eyes widen in relief and he grabs it from my hands, breathing out slowly when he holds it to him. "Thank you." He says and begins to stand up.

"You can't stand up yet! You aren't healed!" I say, trying to push him back down and he rolls his eyes at me with a smirk. "You don't know who I am, Princess." He says cockily and I roll my eyes at him in return. He sits up in bed regardless of my protest and continues to smirk at me.

"You're a man I found injured in the forest and I had people take care of you. If anything you should be happy I found you." I say sassily and he laughs. Oh great, that sounded really mean. I should've said that nicer. I could apologize to him...

"I would've been just fine in that forest alone." He says and I scoff. Well I'm definitely not apologizing now. "How? You were bleeding and you are injured!" I retort and a creepy smile appears on his face. He looks down at his side, making me follow his eyes and my eyes widen as I no longer see any stab wound. In fact, there was no wound at all. I continue to stare at his side in shock, not being able to process how it was possible. In an instant, the door is closed and I hear the lock click, the windows shut and the curtains are closed. What the?

Harry now stands at the foot of the bed, and I jump back as my mouth falls open as I try to figure out how he did all of that in a matter of seconds. And he did it injured, well, he used to be injured. How is that even possible??

"What are you doing?" I ask him a bit frightened and I watch as he gets a smirk on his face. He laughs at my expression before winking at me, making me blush a little from embarrassment. "As a thank you for 'saving me', I will tell you who I am, Princess." He mocks playfully, offering me a small bow before smirking at me, amusement dancing in his eyes. There's something wrong with him...there really is.

"H-how can you move that fast? It's not humanly possible. And your wound...how can you possibly heal that fast?" I whisper and his smirk gets bigger. "Now now, Princess, don't ruin my surprise." He says and I gulp, now nervous about him. I knew something was off about him when I first met him, but I didn't think he'd be dangerous or anything like that.

"Can you piece it together yourself, sweetheart? I know you're a very intelligent girl." He whispers, now standing in front of me, making me jump back again startled. He moved from the foot of the bed to in front of me, within a second. How can that happen? He can't be human, no human could even imagine moving that quick.

He healed incredibly fast, he moves around like lightning...he was in the forest where that dark aura was...he was veiled in darkness as well when I found him. Oh no... 

"You...you're a creature of the dark." I whisper and he chuckles, leaning down so that he's eye level with me. "That is correct, Princess. But I think you could do better than that." he teases, smiling at me but I can't stop staring at him with wide eyes. How can he be a creature of the dark? He doesn't even seem like one!

I should be screaming right now, even if I don't know which dark creature he is. I should be screaming and running away, announcing to the entire castle that there was a creature of the dark inside the castle, but yet it's like I'm glued here and I can't move at all.

"There's an exact name for my type of creature." He says, looking at me with a dastardly smile as his eyes flashed a bright red.

"I'm a vampire, Princess."