Chapter 5

"One's life is not as fixed as one believes. Surprises may lay in store for you, the unexpected often tends to happen, sometimes bringing in it's train the most delightful change in one's life or circumstances."

Rose's POV:

After my conversation with Harry, my mind is spinning. I don't know what to think of it honestly because I wouldn't have ever thought about something like this.

There's an evil in Dragmere, Harry's a vampire who's going to find this evil or darkness in order to save his people. But I'm going to help him so that my kingdom is safe as well and no one is hurt, he said he could protect me, and he's given me this pendant that somehow strengthens me. I just don't know how it does.

That's a lot of information to take in for one day!!!

Harry eyed me carefully as I blinked repeatedly, absorbing this information. "You don't look like the King or Queen." He says suddenly and I laugh at him, trying to make the topic casual. Of all the things he just told me, he would be the one to bring up a completely different subject.

"A lot of different genes." I joke and he stares at me intensely, not buying it. Anxiety began to build in my stomach under his gaze, but I smiled none the less. "If you say so." He says finally, shrugging it off and I sigh in relief. I hated that topic, no one likes it. It should be burned and thrown in a hole...then buried.

"So, Princess, do we have a deal?" He asks me, holding out a hand for me to shake. I think it over carefully before nodding my head, sticking my hand in his and shaking it firmly. I don't really have a choice in this, it's for my kingdom and for my people. So I had to trust in Harry to help me with this. It's my responsibility to protect my Kingdom with my life, and I'm putting everything on the line right now by trusting Harry.

"Good." Harry says with a smile and lets my hand go, turning towards the door.

"Now, my fair Princess, shall you lead the injured out?" He says with a wink and I can't help but laugh. "Of course." I say playfully, going to him as he leans on me for support. I still feel a tad nervous around him, but he has a bright personality that doesn't seem to fit that of a threatening vampire. It's not normal that I feel this comfortable around him, but I do.

I think I have some sort of problem.

"Oh, and you can call me Rose if you want, Harry." I tell him and he winks. "I like calling you Princess. Because as of now..." He trails off, leaning in my ear to whisper to me. "...you are my Princess." He says and I gasp, blushing at his words as I turn away from him.

He chuckles at me and I gulp nervously, unlocking the door and opening it, both of us walking outside the room into the entryway. "Wow, how big is this place?" Harry asks and I giggle, pointing to the top floor.

"Four stories high. It is a palace, remember?" I tease him and he smirks at me. "Don't patronize me." He warns and I shrug at him. He's walking now, just barely leaning on me, only enough to make it believable.

"Oh! Young man, you're awake!!" I looked up to see Queen Anna walking down the stairs gracefully, with a smile on her face. Harry tries to stand up tall but winces, faking hurt as he leans back on me.

"Don't push yourself, Harry!" I warn him, selling this as best as I could. My mother reaches the bottom and smiles warmly at us. If she knew Harry was a vampire, she would be freaking out and having him executed on the spot. So I really have to play this out perfectly so she doesn't pick up on anything unusual.

"I cannot tell you how happy it makes me to see you doing well." My mother says to Harry and he looks at her, giving her a kind smile. He's a good actor, I will admit that.

"I cannot express my gratitude for you to have me here, helping me heal." He says humbly and I see my mother blush slightly. "Don't be thanking me, it was all Princess Rose's doing. She saved you." She brags on me and I shyly smile as Harry looks at me.

"Thank you, Princess Rose." He says, kneeling on one knee and taking my hand, slowly and gently kissing my hand as an act of gratitude. I felt my cheeks get hot as he never took his eyes off of me, his gaze intense as he kissed my hand.

"Y-you're welcome, Harry." I stutter slightly, watching him with wide eyes as he stands back up with 'difficulty', making me catch him so he didn't fall. He smiles at me as I help him up, leaning him against my shoulder again.

My mother watches on in amusement and happiness, clearly amused by this. "Well Harry, you are welcome to stay here for a while until you are healed." She says kindly, walking away from us and heading down a hallway.

"Nice woman." He comments and I roll my eyes. "What was with that...that...show?" I stumble over my words and he grins at me.

"Awe, come on Princess, don't act like that. I wanted to show my gratitude for you saving me." He says with a wink and I huff, tugging him along the room until we got to the stairs.

"Oh...umm..." I trail off, not knowing how to tell him about how I usually fall on the stairs. "What is it?" He asks and I shuffle my feet embarrassed, which makes him turn to me fully.

"What is it, Princess?" He asks and I give him a shy look. "I'm...not very graceful. I don't do stairs too well." I mutter and he smiles at me.

"Well then, can you trust me to catch you, Princess?" He asks, tucking a stray piece of hair behind my ear. I blush, slowly nodding my head to him. "Good." He says and I scoff at his attitude but we winks at me anyways.

We began to walk up the stairs, and I was doing really good...until the last three steps.

I tripped over the step, falling forward with a little shout of surprise, but before I hit the ground, a pair of strong arms wrapped around my waist, stopping me from falling.

I turn around in his arms, blushing as I see how close his face is to mine. "I think I deserve a thank you." He teases me with a wink and I nod uneasily. Man he really likes winking, it's so teasing...

"T-thank you Harry." I whisper and he smiles down at me. "I told you Princess, that I would catch you." He says gently and I smile at him as he pulls me up, both of us now at the top of the stairs. Harry gave me a strange look, one I couldn't really make out, but I shrugged it off, not paying attention to how he was looking at me.

I go into my room with him, him closing the door behind him as I looked out the window. "So, this is my-" I'm cut off when a pair of lips are on my neck, my eyes going wide as I feel his breath on me.

"I told you how I still had needs...I can't do anything in this palace without the proper food. And I still don't bite without permission." He whispers against my neck and I take in a nervous breath. I'm guessing this is why he was staring at me so weirdly. He was asking to bite me. How charming.

"Umm...is, is it going to hurt?" I ask him and he chuckles. "I can make it not hurt if you want me to." He says and I nod slowly, gulping in fear. I was incredibly nervous about this, I've known this man for merely an hour and I was going to let him bite me, so that he could do his job to protect my kingdom. It's for Dragmere...just remember that. Don't think about anything else but protecting your Kingdom.

I should be running away, I should not have agreed to anything and thrown him out...but I couldn't. And I don't know why, or what it is about him. Something about him made me want to keep him here, to let him help me and let me help him.

"Can I bite?" He asks slowly and I take a deep breath, shoving my fear away. He said it wouldn't hurt, I just have to believe him on that. I just hope that he isn't lying to me about this.

"Yes."

Hi! I really hope that this is kind of interesting to you guys, because it's only going to get better. I promise, haha. Please Comment and Vote for this story, it'd mean the world to me! This isn't going to be your typical story, either. It's far different than anything I've made before. xx