Chapter 33

"It's funny how the people that hurt you the most, are the ones who swore they never would."

Rose's POV:

I grinned at Luke, who was looking at me terrified. This new power was exhilarating, it made me feel like I had all the power in the world. I could do anything right now if I wanted to.

"Be careful, Princess." Reyna chimed to me and I snickered. "Why be careful? I like this new power I've gained." I say lowly, making my way over towards Luke.

One thing still bugged me though: how did I release my power?? Reyna didn't release me, I wasn't touching the pendant so I couldn't have been able to do it. So how?

'Your emotions went out of control. I warned you before to control your emotions and they spiraled away from you.' Reyna says and I stop to think.

The feeling in my stomach when Harry was getting hurt? I knew my emotions were going out of control, but I didn't think that I would actually trigger myself like that. But I did, and now I have this power inside of me, one that I can win with.

'Remember what I said about not losing control!! Don't lose sight of who you are, Rose!' Reyna yells to me, and I nod my head. I wasn't going to lose myself. No, I wouldn't go that far. I just want to make sure that I can end this once and for all.

And now, I finally can.

Hurling one of the fire balls I had in my hand, I watch as Luke quickly moves to the side, easily dodging my blow. I throw the other one, watching as he dodges it too.

"I guess fire isn't as effective then, huh?" I say to him, smiling as he grits his teeth together angrily. "You can't have that much left in you." He snaps and I begin to laugh.

"Oh, no Luke. You're dead wrong about that." I snarl, holding my hands out as I think of what I should do next. Gathering up some of my strength, I slam my fists into the ground, watching in success as the ground rumbles before sharp rocks begin to jut out of the ground right where Luke was.

He jumps out of the way, dodging them easily and throws his hand out, casting out shadows towards me. I flip backwards, my hand hitting the ground before I flip myself back up, landing on the ground lightly and cast out another red shield, blocking my body as the shadows slam into the shield, going away as my magic overpowers his. My graceful movements left him stunned, his eyes wide as he stared at me.

"How did you..." Luke asks shocked and I can't help but grin at him. "I'm not that clumsy girl that I am normally. Not only are my powers enhanced, but also my balance and flexibility." I say smartly and he glares at me. He's too fast to throw fire or earth at, I just can't hit him with those. I have to think of something else.

'Princess, you have a wide variety of powers. I suggest you go with the one that's hardest to dodge.' Reyna instructs quietly and I smirk, knowing exactly what she means by that.

"Let's see how you handle this." I say coolly, summoning the powers I possessed to let my new offensive attack come to me: lightning.

As the lightning began to go around my body electrifying the ground, a light purple circle glowing underneath me from the power I possessed. I saw Luke's eyes widen in both shock and fear. As I remember Harry telling me before, it is rare for someone to be able to control lightning. But as a half-breed, we can control many things, as I have learned. 'You have one power that I will not let you release, Princess. You do not need that.' Reyna whispers and I just nod my head, not concerning myself with this other power at the moment.

"This is why we are more powerful than you could ever be, demon." I snarl at Luke and he glares at me. "How can you possibly control lightning?? It's impossible!" he shouts and I laugh, feeling myself reeling with glee at his obvious frustrations.