Chapter 8

"Do you ever wonder why things turn out the way they do?"

Rose's POV:

I woke up, being met by bright light from the sun shining in through my window. I sat up, stretching out slowly, yawning from sleepiness and rubbing my eyes slowly. Dragging myself out of bed and to the shower, I quickly rinse off and wash my hair.

After I finish showering, I go back to my room to see today's dress laying out for me. I smile at the thoughtfulness of my maid, Debra, and pick up the purple dress, looking at the golden lining on the edges. I quickly got dressed, the dress fitting me perfectly like always. I saw the pendant Harry gave me still on my neck, the silver cross with the red jewel standing out from the dress, but in a good way.

I brushed through my damp hair and shook it out, letting it dry a little before grabbing a towel and finishing drying it. I put my tiara back on, letting my hair just fall down normally again, my long waves reaching to the middle of my back. After I finished putting on some makeup to look presentable to the public, I leave my room and look to my left, seeing Harry's door still closed.

He's probably still asleep. I think and shrug, walking to my right to go down the stairs. A smile finds its way to my face when I see Harry and James at the bottom of the stairs, talking to each other and laughing. James catches my eye and turns to me, bowing politely before smiling up at me.

"Good morning, Princess Rose." he says to me and I nod to him. "Good morning, James!" I say, my eyes drifting to Harry as he turned to me, now in new clothes and looking clean. He gives me a bright smile and I return it as I begin to walk down the stairs.

"Good morning, Princess." he says and I giggle. "Good morning, Harry." I say and walk down the stairs, successfully not tripping over anything. I slip on the shoes that are at the bottom of the stairs and Harry lifts one eyebrow in curiosity.

"They put her shoes at the bottom so that she doesn't trip as often." James explains and Harry laughs at me while I slap James on the arm lightly. "It's not my fault everything reaches up to trip me!" I say and both of them give me strange looks.

"The floor jumps up and grabs me, it makes me fall." I say nonchalantly and both of them begin to laugh at me. "I don't think the floor can move, love." Harry says to me with a smile and I giggle. "You never know!" I defend and both of them roll their eyes.

"Well, I'm glad that you two are getting along." I say, changing the subject as we walk towards the door. "It wasn't hard to. Harry's pretty easy to get along with, especially when he makes Luke look like a complete idiot." James jokes and we all snicker. That was probably the funniest thing I've ever seen happen.

"Oh, Princess Rose, you're awake now." my mother's voice makes me turn, seeing her in a beautiful green dress with a smile on her lips. "Yes ma'am." I reply, nodding to her in respect. "I've already talked to James and Harry about this, but would you mind showing Harry around? I'm sure since he's from the Western region, he's never been able to tour around the Northern parts." my mother says thoughtfully and a smile grows on my face.

"I'd be delighted to, mother." I say to her and she claps her hands together excitedly. "Good! Now, off you three go, we are having a very special dinner tonight." she says and we all nod, leaving the palace and going out onto the streets.

"So, I guess I get the grand tour, huh?" Harry says and I roll my eyes. "I guess so." I tell him and James wiggles his eyebrows at me as Harry looks around. I glare at him playfully and he chuckles, winking at me before walking on my left side, while Harry stood on my right.

We began to walk through town, Harry looking in awe and wonder as he takes in the sight. "Well, I will admit, I've never seen such a...thriving part of Dragmere." he says and I smile at him. "I really hope you like it." I tell him and he gives me a happy look.