Chapter 2

"It's just a shock. You go from one day everything being okay, to your life being upside down."

Rose's POV:

My eyes widened as he fainted in my arms and I looked around frantically, wishing that he would've told me what he needed. I picked him up in my arms, nearly dropping him a few times before deciding to grab underneath his shoulders and drag him across the forest floor, his feet the only thing touching. He was a bit heavier than I thought, so dragging him proved to be a bit more difficult than I originally thought. Why did he have to pass out now?? Of all times, he chose now to pass out!

I frowned at my thoughts, knowing that it wasn't entirely his fault for fainting. Since I knew this forest so well, I knew where the little pond was that was near the middle of the forest. That's exactly where I took him, gently laying him down by the pond and staring at him.

He was beautiful, no doubt, with his thick, dark brown curls that were tussled on his head, his green eyes that I had previously seen before he passed out, and his jaw structure just made him look stunning. I've never seen anyone quite like him before. He stood out. He was different in a way, but it was a different that I actually liked. There was something about him that drew me in, wanting to know more. But there was also something dark about him, something that I couldn't place my finger on, but I didn't want to think about it too much.

I splashed some water on his face, successfully waking him up. I breathed out a sigh of relief as he scrunched up his nose and shook his head, opening his green eyes to look at me. "Are you okay? What do you need?" I ask rushed and he slowly blinks his eyes, trying to take in where he was.

"Why are you here?" he asks curiously and I smile at him softly. "I found you in the forest and you were in pain. You said you needed something but you passed out before you could tell me what." I explain and his eyes narrow.

"Of course." he mumbles and I give him a look of confusion. Is he angry at me? "Who are you?" he asks, trying to sit up but wincing in pain, leaning back on his elbows and looking at me.

"I'm Princess Rose." I tell him and he gives me a look of shock before he chuckles, shaking his head back and forth. "Of course I would happen to run into the Princess herself." he says humorlessly and I frown. "Is that a bad thing?" I ask him and he shakes his head at me.

"It's none of your concern, Princess." he says with a sly smile and I huff. "Can you at least tell me your name?" I ask him and he gives me a blank stare.

"My name is Harry." he says and I smile. "Well Harry, is there anything you need?" I ask him and his lips curl up into a smile, his eyes raking down my body for a moment before looking me in the eye.

"What I need, Princess, you can't give me." He says dryly and I huff, gently shaking my head at him. "Of course I can! I'll do anything to help you." I say and one of his eyebrows raise up, amusement on his face.

"You'll do anything you say?" He asks and I nod my head. I was going to prove to him that I wasn't just a prissy little princess, I could get my hands dirty too. He was tempting me, and he knew it too. He was deliberately trying to get me to do something for him, and he has succeeded.

"There was something I was carrying over where I fainted. It's a little pendant. Can you get it for me?" He asks me and I smile, nodding my head and standing up.

"Stay here, Harry! I'll be right back." I say, picking up my dress a little so that I was able to run. I left Harry sitting there by the pond as I made my way back to where I first found him. I finally got there and let out a sigh, looking around for this object he was carrying. Now that I got here, I wish I would've asked Harry what this pendant looked like, but now I just have to guess.