Chapter 30

"When you lose someone close to you, that smile will fade away, tears will fall until there's none left, but you must move on, I know it's hard but you have to try. The past is here to teach you, not to hurt you."

Harry's POV:

I stared at Luke and watched him in rage. Here he was, goading over the fact that he had betrayed everyone and he had once again fooled Rose into believing that he wasn't as bad as he seemed.

I knew I hated him for a reason, but this just crosses the line. My anger was already at a high, and it was very hard for me to keep myself from bashing his head in right this very minute. I knew that Rose would want an explanation, just like she did with James.

I could honestly care less if he explained himself or not, I hate the guy either way and I am about to beat the hell out of him. But for Rose's sake, I'm going to let him explain.

"W-why you Luke? Why did you do this as well?" Rose asks, her voice so sad that it breaks my heart. Luke just smirks at us, his silver eyes mocking as he does a fake bow to Rose, wanting to provoke her.

"Congratulations Princess, you've finally realized the person behind it all." he sneers and I ball my fists up, my body shaking in anger. This little bastard...

"But why?!" she cries out, desperate for an answer and he just gives her a smug look. "It's because, Rose, that I'm not a human. I never have been." he says and my eyes widen as it dawns on me. The way he was always appearing to events so fast, the way that when James dragged him away, he'd have a smile on his face, and his silver eyes that always shone just a little too bright.

How had I not seen it before? How could I have missed something so obvious that it was right in front of me?!?!

"You're a demon." I say and Luke grins at me. "Looks like the vampire finally figured it out. You know, you're really lucky that I didn't expose you in front of everyone. I've waited until the right moment." he says to me and I narrow my eyes.

"Rose already knows, you idiot." I snap and he laughs, shaking his head at me before snapping his fingers, demons coming in from everywhere and standing behind him, devilish smirks on their faces.

"That wasn't what I was talking about. But I think you do know what I am thinking about." he says and I freeze, my blood boiling at how he would know such a thing.

"How do you even know about that?!" I rage, my body shaking as Luke laughs at me, his arms coming out and my eyes widen as the shadows begin to move, slithering towards Rose and she screams as they latch onto her feet, making her unable to move.

"Rose!" I yell, shocked that he was a demon that could control the shadows. "I didn't know that there was a demon alive like you." I growl and Luke laughs, obviously enjoying the control he had over me at the moment. He knew that I wouldn't let anything happen to Rose, so he was using her against me.

"Such sad events happened to you, haven't they Harry? And now it's just going to get even worse." he mocks me, his eyes twinkling at his knowledge.

I grit my teeth together as Luke smirked at me, knowing exactly what he’s doing. He’s making me remember things that I don’t want to remember. Nothing that I do ever works though, because my memory always haunts me, every single  day.

“You aren’t going to let Rose here be the next Lucy, are you?” Luke says fake sadly, holding a hand to his heart mockingly. At the mention of her name, something inside of me snapped. “Shut up, Luke.” I growl, my body shaking with rage as he laughs. How in the HELL does he know about Lucy? 

“You couldn’t protect her, and it looks like you aren’t going to be able to protect Rose from anything, either. What a shame. But then again, you weren't trying to protect her, were you?” He tempts me and I growl, my eyes beginning to turn red.