Chapter 31

"No one likes having others point out their weaknesses. But no matter how many weaknesses you may have, there's always strong points that overcome those weaknesses."

Rose's POV:

I felt so helpless. I couldn't do anything as I am now tied up against this stupid post, watching as Luke came up to Harry, who he had trapped in his shadows.

I've never felt so utterly useless in my life. Here I am, tied up as my love is being mocked, right in front of me. I want to know who Lucy is, why she was so important to Harry, and why remembering her would make him cry.

Harry never cries, he never has. Not in front of me though. I wish I could see into his brain to know what troubles and pains him so that I could fix it. Nothing I do is going to fix this situation now. Which is absolutely horrible and painful for me to watch.

I watched in horror as Luke brought his hand up, punching Harry directly in the face. Harry's head snapped to the side with the impact, not being able to fight back. I struggled in my binds, desperately trying to get out so that I could do something to stop Luke.

Tears came to my eyes as I saw more demons gang up on Harry, beating him and laughing in his face while he just stood there and took it, not being able to fight back. The fire that had overcome his body had faded away, his energy being drained away from him as he was beaten.

"STOP!!" I scream, making Luke turn towards me with a grin on his face. "And why would I do that? The whole purpose of this is to make you break. We've already broken him, it's time for you to face the same pain." he tells me and tears slip down my face.

"Leave him alone!" I yell again, not caring about if I was 'broken' or not by Luke. They needed to get away from Harry, and they needed to leave him alone NOW. I could take a lot of things, but seeing him hurt was something that was nearly unbearable to me. 

"Once the two 'heroes' of the Kingdom of Light have fallen, it'll be easy to take over. We can't have anyone in our way, and so far you two are the only ones who stand up against us." Luke muses with a wry smile and I grit my teeth together.

"You really think that we'll give up this easily?" I shout and he laughs. "It is this easy. Because if you two are broken, mentally and physically, you won't be able to do anything against us. You'll be useless." he says and fakes a gasp, putting a hand to his head.

"But then again, you always have been useless, haven't you Rose? Letting Harry do all the dirty work for you while you stand by." he says and tears build up in my eyes, blurring my vision.

"Stop it." I cry weakly, knowing that he was exactly right. He was pointing out every single flaw against me and using it to break me. Just like he wants me to.

"Why? Why go this far just to do this? Why couldn't you just kill me!!" I shout and Luke grins. "Oh, Princess, you don't get it yet, do you?" he teases me, snapping his fingers and the demons stop hitting Harry, walking away from him and he's left gasping for air, bleeding and bruised. He's been hurt so badly that he isn't healing immediately.

"Torture is a much more convenient way to do things, especially to you. You've already faced torture, so you'd do anything to get away from it, wouldn't you? Even wishing death upon yourself. But that's not what's going to happen. I'm going to make you suffer ten times more than Seth or the others ever did." he growls and fear envelopes my body, making him smile.

"See? This is what I like to see. I like to see the fear in your eyes when you realize that there is nothing you can do to stop me." he says and laughs, an evil, insane laugh that makes me shiver. He's lost his mind, he really has.