Chapter Seventeen: Am I Diseased or Something?

Sorry for not updating, I've had writer's block D: D: D:

I just wanted to show you guys the random chibis I wasted 5 minutes of my life drawing on my arm ^.^ >>>

When I showed my friend the picture, she mistook my arm for toilet paper because I'm so pale.. hehe

I was supposed to say something else but I forgot... damn.. -.- Ehh whatever

Quick recap because I haven't updated for a while ^.^

“Woah, nice place. What is it?” Naruto asked, looking round. A group of chunin sat watching us as we all stared up at a giant, dense forest surrounded by a tall, metal wire fence. There were numerous chained padlocks restraining anyone from entering through the gate, with a sign nailed to it reading “Restricted Area”.

“This is the location for the second phase of the exam. It’s the forty-fourth battle training zone.”

She grinned widely, and our expressions quickly changed at her next words.

“But we call it... The Forest of Death.”

A stunned silence filled the air as everyone took in her last words. The wind blew, whistling in our ears, only building the tension.

“F-forest of... death?” Naruto repeated, stuttering in a mix of shock and fear. Suddenly, a random “rock” shuffled over to the blonde boy. It was beige in colour and perfectly rectangular in shape, with cracks criss-crossed here and there, making the rock appear to have a patched pattern. Naruto turned and stared at it, gaining a sweat drop. I noticed his eyebrow twitching as he glared suspiciously at the obvious fake rock and raised my eyebrow as I looked on. He stared at it for a few seconds longer before standing up straight and stalking away, only to have the rock follow him. Naruto stopped suddenly and glared at it from the corner of his eyes, before breaking into a run.

“What the heck is he doing?” Kiba asked me, sweat dropping as the rock began to chase after Naruto, two or three sets of feet appearing from underneath it as he ran back and forth, trying to shake it off. Suddenly he stopped and turned to face the rock, placing a hand on his hip as he pointed an accusing finger at the offending stone.

“That's the worse disguise of all time!” he yelled. “There's no such thing as square rocks, it's completely obvious!”

“No shit, Sherlock,” I muttered, rolling my eyes.

“I thought it was rectangle,” Mutt-boy pointed out, raising his eyebrow. “Not to mention, it has a face.”

“Really?” I looked up and studied the rock. Sure enough, it had two small, round black eyes. “So it does...”

“You saw through my disguise again! You're slick, boss. Just what I'd expect from my greatest rival!” the rock replied to Naruto in a high-pitched, childish voice, causing me to mentally facedesk. Greatest rival? Please...

Suddenly, the rock began to emit golden beams of light, making a high-pitched, strange noise. It exploded, leaving behind three giant puffs of smoke in its place; one blue, one green and one pink, accompanied by a lot of coughing. The smoke cleared to reveal three children, two boys and a girl, on their hands and knees on the floor coughing.

I heard them begin to introduce themselves but I really wasn't interested, opting instead to walk over to Sasuke and Sakura – for the sole reason of escaping the Mutt – and sat down at Sasuke's feet.

“What are you doing?” he asked in confusion, looking down at me.

“Sitting, of course.”

I could feel Sakuras wary gaze on me, obviously worried that I'd try to make a move on her darling Sasuke-kun. I leaned my head on his legs just to piss her off a bit, and he rolled his eyes and moved away, causing me to fall backwards.