Chapter Seven: Getting no where

OMG 52 FANS!! *Dies* I expected like, 10 at most. Thank you so much for being my fans you guys :D I kind of feel guilty that I don't post on people's walls like 'thanks for fanning' so I'm putting it here :D I'm glad you guys like my stories :) P.S. If any of you want me to check out your stories just post the link on my message board, I'm always willing to check out someone's stories :)

Here's a picture of teh awesome team seven xD Kakashi casually in the background reading his perv book  >>>>

Team seven closed their eyes, performing a hand seal, focusing hard. I would have gone off somewhere with Eriko but I figured it would be entertaining watching them.

"I got it!" Naruto exclaimed, gripping his kunai. "Charge!!!" he ran at the tree in determination along with Sasuke and Sakura.

Inevitably, Naruto ran up the tree a couple of steps, but lost focus and fell flat on his back. Sasuke managed to run a good few metres up the tree. His chakra was a little too strong though, and his foot smashed into the tree, before he sliced the trunk with his kunai where he stopped and jumped back down before he fell. He was running up the tree that I was sitting in so I could see how high he was and compare it to where I was. Impressive for his first try, I thought. That is, until I saw Sakura.

"Hey, this is fun!" she grinned. She was sitting on the first branch way up in the air. She started giggling, delighted that she'd beat the two boys at something. I smirked. She seemed to have the best chakra control; she could do good as a medic ninja. I jumped and swung past Naruto's tree and landed on the branch beside Sakura, as the other three stared at Sakura, surprised.

"Well, looks like the female member of the group is the most advanced in chakra-control," Kakashi praised. "Not including Eira," he added. "Well done Sakura."

Sakura was over the moon, beaming successfully. I couldn't blame her. After all, Sasuke was apparently the best of his generation, and Naruto was praised by Kakashi earlier, supposedly having grown the most out of the three.

"Yeah, way to go Sakura! I always knew you were awesome, believe it!" Naruto praised. I snorted with laughter when I saw a huge bump had risen on his head.

"Whatever," Sasuke muttered. Sakura looked crushed.

"I thought Sasuke would be impressed, but now he's mad at me!" She said quietly. "Why is it always like that?!"

"Chill out, he's not that great-looking," I muttered, to which she jumped. Obviously, she hadn't known I could hear her. I was sitting right next to her! Not to mention my sharp senses.

"Oh-uh-um-" she stuttered. I just shook my head and looked at Kakashi.

"Wow, not only does Sakura understand chakra, she can control and maintain it as well," Kakashi stated.

"Hey, at least Kakashi's impressed," I told her, nudging her. Why the hell am I trying to make her feel better?!

"We spoke about someone becoming Hokage someday, didn't we?" Kakashi continued. "Seems Sakura's got the best chance of that, wouldn't you say?"

"Wait a minute.. Do I not exist?" I asked increduously.

"Sorry, I didn't mean it like that," he smiled at me. "This is within Team Seven. I can see you also maintain and control chakra extremely well also; probably almost as well as myself." That was better. Wait, as well as himself? Dude, just because I can walk up a tree. "And as for the great Uchiha clan, maybe they're not so great after all.."

I knew Kakashi was trying to motivate the two, and it obviously worked. Naruto looked ticked off at the Hokage reference whilst Sasuke's brow furrowed in anger.

"That's enough, you talk too much sensei!" Sakura cried, pointing an accusing finger at her sensei. She was obviously worried about Sasuke hating her now for outshining him. Sasuke and Naruto glared at each other, their competitive sides kicking in.

"Alright! First I'll match Sasuke. Then I'm going all the way to the top! Believe it!" Naruto cried in determination. Suddenly I spotted little Inari peeking around a tree behind Sasuke and Naruto. I jumped down from the branch and quickly took a detour on the outskirts of the clearing until I came up behind Inari.

"Huh, what a waste of time, they don't know what they're up against!" he said to himself, clenching his fists angrily. Suddenly he noticed me watching him.

"And what do you want?!" he demanded angrily.

"Oh, nothing," I smirked. "...Stalker."

I turned round and disappeared when I heard Inari hiss and clench his fists. I felt sorry for him, sure, but I couldn't resist getting in that jab.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"Gah! Ugh!" Naruto was practically screaming with frustration as he fell off the tree again. Sasuke was half kneeling, panting, whilst Sakura was doing the same, leaning against her own tree. They'd been doing this all day and were starting to bore me to death now because Kakashi hadn't made it essential that I joined in since I wasn't even a part of their squad and I already had experience.

Sakura had stopped for a while, figuring she didn't want to push herself, but the other two just carried on going, driven by determination.

"Owww!" Naruto complained, rubbing his head. The bump on his head had expanded to twice the size it was before. I wasn't entirely sure if that was even possible...

He didn't seem to be making progress at all. I could tell from the look on Sakura's face that she expected him to give up at any moment, but he didn't seem the type. Naruto was more the type who was driven by determination, not ready to give up easily. Or so I assumed, anyway.

"GAH!" Naruto screamed, before walking over to me. I was sitting on the floor a few metres behind them with my legs crossed, playing with Eriko.

"Huh?"

"Uh, uh, well, you're good at this. How about some advice?" he asked. I stared at him. "But please don't tell Sasuke I asked. Please, please!"

"I won't be much help," I muttered. "Go ask Sakura."

He looked a bit crestfallen but nodded and went over to Sakura. I walked away and stood next to Kakashi.

"He's catching on," Kakashi murmured to himself. "From now on he'll get stronger and stronger. How strong? After all, Naruto possesses more chakra than Sasuke and Eira. In fact, the amount of chakra he possesses is greater than my own..."

"What?" I stared at Kakashi in surprise.

"Oh, I forgot you could hear me.. It's exactly as I said."

More chakra than Kakashi? And Sasuke and I? This kid is strong... More powerful than I thought..

Have to end it there, sorry D: Cause I have less than an hour and I want to write a new chapter of my other story too. I'll try and write the next chapter extra long to make up for it. As I said I'm getting bored of the Land of Waves arc, it lasts forever T_T I'll try and get through it as quickly as possible :D The chunin exams are more interesting.

Please vote, comment, fan, etc and thanks for reading :D