Chapter 46

__________________________

Niall's Point Of View 

__________________________

 "Happy Birthday Dear Aoife! Happy Birthday to you!" Everyone cheered. 

"Come one princess, blow out the candle like this." I said as I moved my mouth in an 'O' shape. I was happy to see Theo come over to help Aoife Belle out, they had seemed to have really gotten along.With the candle finally blown, everyone cheered one last time before unexpected but all too familiar voice spoke.

"What the fuck is this?"

There, standing, was Barbara. Why she was here, was a mystery to me? I quickly looked from Barbara to Kia then back to Barbara again, noticing the displeased looked coming from both of them. It took me a few seconds until my eyes landed on Aoife Belle. Shit! I don't how I was going to get out of this, but one thing was for certain this was not going to go well. 

From the looks of it both mine and Kia's band mates clued in on how bad this situation would turn out if it wasn't fixed fast, and I mean fucking fast. The rest of the guests just looked around in confusion. Mostly because they had no fucking clue what shit storm had just come there way. 

"Niall." Louis coughed out."Maybe you should go get Barbara a drink or something." He quickly suggested. This was good. I could work with this.

"Right, of course."I quickly got up and walked over to Barbara showing her inside, trying to ignore the whispers of confusion that surrounded me. 

"Niall what the fuck is going on here!" Barbara demanded. 

"Listen can we keep it down please, it's Aoife's first birthday. We don't need a big theatrical show okay?" I tried sounding as reasonable as possible. 

"Niall I am with you! Don't you think I should have been invited?" She scolded me.

"Kia and I thought it would be better if we kept it small. The press still doesn't know about Aoife Belle yet. We just wanted something simple." I calmly explained myself. Running my hand through my hair. It was a habit I had developed when I was frustrated.

"We or her." Barbara's voice was hard and cold, as she glared in Kia's direction.

"Listen this was even my own family's first time meeting Aoife Belle, I just wanted to focus to be all on her not on our drama." I said desperately trying to shift Barbara's attention from Kia. 

"This is bull shit! I am in your life too Niall, I deserve to be apart of these events." Even though Barbara was being firm, I could sense she was hurt and in all honestly I felt for her. I was the reason she was dragged into this complicated mess.

"Aoife Belle is not just mine Barbara! She's Kia's daughter too, so she has a say in this too." I quickly replied.

"Oh so you're just going to let her walk all over you? Wake up Niall! She is going to screw you over!" Barbara was practically yelling at this point. Which really annoyed me if I was being completely honest. This was not the time or place for any of this, my patients was starting to run thin. 

"I am not doing this-" 

"Stop living in denial!" Barbara said while cutting me off. 

"Shhh!" I said firmly. "I am not discussing this right now Barbara, besides why are you even here?"

"You haven't been responding to any of my texts today? I got worried so I thought I'd stop by. Sorry if I wanted to see my boyfriend!" She said, rolling her eyes.