Chapter 25

________________________________

KIAS POINT OF VIEW.

________________________________

It's been a bit over week since the big blow out between Jenna and I. It was so stupid too... I know she is my sister and obviously she is allowed to be concerned for me but she can't control me. She can't control how I parent, and she for sure as hell cannot control my relationship with Niall. Not that there is anything going on. We are simply two friends who are  raising a baby together. You know just keeping it simple, and easy going.

Anyways I still haven't said much to her. To be completely honest I could never hold a grudge, I was shit at it too. I guess I'll simply let it go and if things were to get out of hand again, I'll just handle it then. 

I heard a distinct cry come from the crib, that the hotel was kind enough to place in my room. I tried getting up but I couldn't, I felt to weak. When I tried opening my eyes, I was immediately greeted by the blinding sunlight of Paris. With the sun being so damn bright I felt my head pound, the fact that Aoife was crying didn't help it either. My mouth was dry, and nose felt plugged.

I finally managed to crawl out of bed while coughing here and there, as I slowly shuffled over to Aoife. She was sitting on her bum with her hands in the air, calling me to pick her up. I coughed a bit more, in the opposite direction, before I picked her up... Damn, she was a little bit heavier then I expected. I quickly placed her on my hip and I used the other hand to balance myself against the wall. 

"Alright, I have to take care of some things but I should be back later on ton-." Jenna paused as she took one look at me and said. "Kia you look like shit." 

"I feel like it too." The words coming out groggy, making my throat feel as if it was being rubbed with sandpaper. 

"Here, hand Aoife over, you don't want her getting sick too." 

"I am not sick." I tried protesting 

"Stop being stubborn, you definitely sick."

"I am not si-" I stopped as I started to feel a bit queasy.Taking a deep and steady breath. "Maybe  you're right."

"Lucky you guys have the day off. So please just go and rest yourself."

I felt so bad I don't even argue, shuffling my way back underneath the covers.

"Wait what about Aoife? Where are you headed?" ouch! The pain on my throat is almost unbearable, I really should stop talking.

"Don't worry about Aoife, I am already texting Grace to look after her. As for me? I have that meeting with Todd and management about how you and Niall are going to explain this little one."

"Oh right, just leave her with me Jenna. I'll be fine."

"Kia you look like shit, you're even turning green. Just rest."

"Ugh fine."

"Always so stubborn."

"Thanks by the way." I sniffled. 

"For what?"

"For looking out for Aoife and I...going to that meeting."

"I promise dad, I'd look out for you right?" She smiled. "...but don't mention it. Now I am off with this little one and please please get some sleep."

"Already half way there."

" I'll see you later." She giggled out.

*************