35. Days Are Numbered

Scarlett's POV:

Beep beep beep

I grabbed the alarm clock and threw it against the opposite wall. That should do it.

"What was that?!" I heard Andy call from downstairs.

"We need a new alarm clock!" I replied. I looked down at my huge bowling ball of a stomach. Ugh. I struggled to get out of bed and waddled downstairs to Andy making breakfast. I sat down and sighed.

"Oh man babe this thing needs to come out everything is so fucking difficult!" Lately my hormones have been raging, the baby is due any day now.

"Did you throw another alarm clock?" He crossed his arms.

"Ugh yes but it's Saturday it should have known not to go off." I replied like it was rational. Andy smiled, he thought my crazy pregnant self was so entertaining.

"Happy Valentine's Day my love!" Andy said handing me a piece of heart shaped eggs and bacon.

"Aww thanks honey!" I said and kissed him on the cheek. He is the cutest.

"You look beautiful today darling."

"I look like a whale!" I frowned and looked down at my belly. I didn't know it was possible for me to be this big I can't even see my toes! Every day I wake up and feel like I'm in someone else's body. "Andy please tell me you don't have anything planned for tonight, I honestly don't want to even go anywhere."

"I had made reservations at that Italian place you like but I can cancel. Movie night?"

"Yeah that sounds better thanks baby. Sorry I am so lame lately. Hopefully I can get back to myself soon."

"Don't worry about it Scar, I want you to be comfortable." I felt my phone buzzing in my pocket and looked down at the caller ID.

"Let me take this hold on," I answered, "Hey girl what's up? Everything ok?"

"Yes sorry to bother you I just was wondering if you did anything to help the nausea, it is killing me Scar! I can't deal with it for another second."

"Yes I actually found that warm lemon water with some ginger works really great for it. It won't go away but it will help a lot!"

"Alright thanks so much I will try that!"

"No problem you know you can call me anytime for any advice! I'm sure I will see you soon, this baby is about to pop out any day now! Talk to you later!"

"Later girl."

"Wow she calls you a lot," Andy said.

"Yes she does but it's fine I told her she can pregnancy is scary and difficult I wish I had someone I could have talked to about it and asked questions about it besides my mom who hasn't been pregnant in 21 years! Plus I want our babies to be playmates! By the way, Kellin is coming in a little while to drop off some baby stuff he bought for me and the house. I told him what we haven't gotten yet and he basically got everything else we will need here."

"Sweet. Well I'm going to go and run some errands but I will be back by the afternoon and we will have the most awesome stay at home date ever."

"So secretive! See you later babe."

I kissed him goodbye and he walked out.

I went upstairs to the spare bedroom where my little baby would be sleeping in just a few days. I liked to come and sit in here sometimes lately, thinking about him or her. We decided to find out the gender at birth so we still don't know. But what I do know is in a few days I will have a baby looking up at me like I'm the most important thing in the world, and to them I will be. And I will be looking back feeling the same way. I just get lost thinking about this huge life change.

Ding dong

Shit Kellin!

"I'm coming!" I walked down the stairs slowly and opened the door to hug my baby daddy.

"Omg Scarlett you look even bigger than last week!"

"Thanks Kellin." I muttered with a side eye.

"It's a good thing!" He leaned down and kissed my belly. "Hey sweetheart! I love you!" He said to the baby. "I bought you some stuff!"

"So we can put the play fence over here and the changing table up in the bedroom and the walker in the kitchen."

"Awesome," he said, putting the items in their assigned locations.

"So how are you doing Kel? Excited?"

"You have no idea Scarlett, and I'm double excited!"

"Oh I know, can you believe you're going to be a father of 2?!"

"No but I can't wait. They're gonna be awesome and best friends!"

"Lennon has been calling me every day with questions! She is so cute, she wants to do everything right for the baby."

"Well thanks for being so helpful she tells me how much she appreciates it, and I appreciate it too."

"No problem, I'm just happy you're happy and with someone as awesome as her. It's hard to come into this kind of situation as a new girlfriend and she handled it well and has always been so nice to me."

"Yeah she is one of a kind, I'm going to ask her to marry me." he said excitedly. The words felt like sandpaper on pavement.

"Wow.. that's great Kellin... I'm sure she'll say yes so congrats." I was still upset about being ring-less. I honestly don't even know if Andy still has the ring he proposed to me with and took back, we haven't spoken about it since. I don't want to bring it up I want to wait until he is ready but I've been waiting for so long. Every time I see an engagement ring I feel depressed.

"Yeah I'm gonna do it tonight, I know it's cheesy to do it on Valentine's Day but I have this whole plan for tonight so I think it's the perfect time. I'm so excited!"

"Well be sure to text me a nice engagement photo afterwards, maybe I'll show Andy to remind him," I laughed. "No but really send me a pic I want to see you guys all smiley!"

"I will Scar! Listen I gotta go I have to set up a bunch of shit for tonight, you'll hear from me later!"

"Ok Kel have a great night! Thanks for the stuff!" I closed the door behind him. Wow a Valentines Day proposal how original. I couldn't help but wish Andy had the same idea. Maybe he did? Maybe he knows this is the last day I'd expect a proposal, because it's too obvious. No let's be honest, he's definately not thinking about that anymore and probably doesn't even have the ring still. I mean I live with him and I haven't seen it anywhere. Maybe he stashed it somewhere? A girl can only hope. I guess time will tell tonight.