31. Children Surrender

I tucked my hair behind my ear as I shyly neared Kellin's show, hoping no one saw me. Damnit. A few fans' eyes gazed towards me and pointed me out. I knew they hated me with a passion, I hate me with a passion for what I did too.

I took a deep breath and stepped quicker to the backstage to wait for the set to end; should be any second.

"Thank you so much! You all are so beautiful. No one does it better than Cincinnati! Good night loves!" I heard Kellin say to my relief. Okay he's coming brace yourself.

All 5 guys hurried offstage going right past me, even Kellin.

"Hey wait up!" I shouted and he spun around smiling his to die for smile.

"What a pleasant suprise?" He chuckle-questioned.

"Look I want to apologize for earlier. It was really out of line and really conceited of me to think that. Don't worry I will not be asking you about your love life ever again. But I'm always here." I grinned and looked up into his eyes with most sincerity.

"Scarlett it's truly fine! It's not conceited I get it, but it's over and done with let's not dwell on it." He replied grabbing two water bottles off a tray beside us and handing me one. "To best friends," he raised his water.

I raised mine too and clinked it with his. "To best friends."

---

The rest week was pretty typical once Kellin and I returned to our normal relationship. Everyone was walking on eggshells around me because my stomach was inside out about this doctor visit. Nothing happened that should cause me worry, yet I was biting my finger nails profusely.

"You gotta stop that," Kellin smirked over at me from the driver's seat.

"Yeah there is a random human inside me I think I can bite my nails thanks though!" I grinned falsely and rolled my eyes. He just laughed at my hostility and backed off the subject.

"Hey Kellin, if you were in Andy's position how would you feel about us going to all this stuff together without him..?" Lately I'm only getting glimpses of my Andy. Most the time it's an emotionless cover.

"I don't know. I mean this situation would never happen if I was him, I'd have never stolen you from someone in the first place," He winked and laughed but I just glared. "No for real um I don't know it's tough. The only thing I can think of is this, and you know I hate labels but I think if you were engaged it would be different. Like that's a commitment and that would mean he would be around to be the child's stepdad forever. But he's just your boyfriend, you never know what could happen and if he's involved and then it doesn't work out, it wouldn't be good for the kid to lose him. I think it's okay that he doesn't come. It's not like we don't give him the option..."

"Yeah I guess you're right. But it's not like he's just some random guy I'm dating, he's my ex fiancée!" I said sarcastically and we both giggled. Yeah we were engaged for a record time of 10 seconds go me!

"Don't worry about him Scar, he'll come around. For now just keep yourself as stress free as you can, you're gonna be going through a lot in the next few months,' Kellin said shifting the focus.

"Ahh I know! Speaking of, how much time left until we're in Los Angeles?" I was anxious as ever, not sure if I wanted the answer to be short or long.

"About 20 minutes to be in LA, but then we'll still have another 15 until we get to the doctor. You excited?"

"Obviously! I mean this is when it all gets real," I looked down nervously and felt Kellin's hand on my arm.

"It's gonna be great." He reassured. He's always right. I leaned my head on the side of the car smiling and falling asleep from waking up so early, maybe a little power nap..