29. If You Were A Movie, This Would Be Your Soundtrack

Kellin's POV:

"Alright guys, last song! We're gonna slow it down a bit for this next one. The song's from our recent EP that came out just a few months ago and is really special to me. Sing along if you know it!" As the guitar started, I stared out into the crowd of loyal fans looking up at me with so much love. That's what gets me through this one. Deep breath. Here's my cue. "The hardest thing I'd ever do, is say goodbye and walk slowly away from you," I pointed the mic out to the crowd for them to continue.

"But I'll do it!" They screamed. Ahhh I love the sound of that. Their energy is all I need. Now I was hyped for the rest of the song.

~

"Just close, your eyes, and fall asleep tonight," I ended, teary eyed and heavily breathing. The mass of people in front of me went nuts which made my mouth pull into a gigantic smile. "Thank you so much for hanging with us we love Warped Tour!" I yelled. They all cheered and screamed as we gathered our stuff and walked off stage.

Performing If You Were A Movie, This Would Be Your Soundtrack is always hard. I wrote it about Scarlett; it didn't take me too long, from after warped to around when I met Jackie. It was the worst time of my life. I was starting to realize she was really gone. Each of the tracks is a stage I went through in the break up.

James Dean & Audrey Hepburn- How much I love her, and wasn't good enough for her; wanting her to stay.

Roger Rabbit- Trying to get Scarlett back despite being judged by press, fans, and friends.

Stomach Tied In Knots- Feeling like it was all my fault, hating myself for letting her go; feeling like I couldn't live without her.

Don't You Ever Forget About Me- title says it all; I didn't want her to move on and if she did, I hoped she couldn't stop thinking about what she did to me.

With Ears To See And Eyes To Hear- Being mad at her for decieving me; being mad at press for saying false things, and my friends that were saying things behind my back.

For a while, I would perform them out of hurt and it would relieve me a little.

But when we became friends again, I started performing it for a different reason, to remind myself of the pain she put me through; because every time I'm with her I fall for her over and over.

I decided I'm done trying to win her over though. After trying so hard in Oregon, and ending up as heartbroken as ever, I don't think it's a smart choice for me. She's happy with Andy and that's all I care about, but I'll never say never. I wish more than anything I could just move on, and be just friends; I really do. But no one I ever take interest in compares to her. Maybe one day someone will come close. I doubt it.

"Kellin we're going come on!" Jack yelled and pulled me back to the bus. Damn I'm tired.

I forgot my bracelet backstage and I ran to get it. Ahh there it is. When I turned to leave when I saw the most beautiful girl, leaning up against the backstage wall, smiling at me. The moon twinkling in her eyes.

"Scarlett what are you doing here?" I hope she didn't hear me sing the last song.. Well I guess she's probably heard them all by now.

"I thought I'd come check you out. Haven't seen you guys play in a while." She said regretfully.

"Well. Yeah. Um how long ago did you get here?" I asked nervously.

"Kellin, I heard the song. I love it." She reassured me touching my arm.

"Really?"

"Really. Don't worry. I could never forget about you..." She whispered softly and pressed her lips to mine..