John Laurens x Reader

Start from the beginning

"No fair!" John yells.

"All is fair in love and dance~" I say, I just smirk at him as he takes the guys to the corner for a moment.

"Nice job Y/N!" Peggy says tackling me in a hug.

"Haha, thanks Peg! Now do you see the guys over there?" I ask. She nods her head.

"Well let's try sneaking over there to listen in on their conversation. What do ya' say?" Now I'm grinning like there's no tomorrow, we've done this before and it's failed.

"Fine. But if this doesn't go well you're on your own the next time!" Peggy says, giving in to my evil plan.

Since they are thankfully near the bathroom we pretend we are heading there instead we hide behind the small wall separating the guys and us.

~John's POV~

"I still can't believe it! But.. she's the most beautiful girl- WAIT SHE BEAT MY SCORE!" People were beginning to stare at us but I was mad, I have never lost a dance match before. Yet I lost to her because of her beauty.

"John can you calm down, people are beginning to stare..." Aaron warns.

"Yeah I can agree with that, usually I'm the one who is screaming. Well Jefferson isn't here so I'm fine." Alex says.

"You get mad every time someone mentions Jefferson, anyways John. I thought you liked Y/N?" Hercules says.

"Wait John has sentiments for Y/N?!" Lafayette asks surprised.

"You didn't know he loves her?!" The rest of the guys ask. Poor Laf..

Next thing I know, we hear giggling. We walk around the small wall to find Y/N and Peggy kneeling there. Eavesdropping on our conversation.

~Reader's POV~

"Peggy.." I point to the guys standing there.

"Hey guys... what's up? We were uhh.. just hanging out here?" Peggy says unsure.

"By the bathroom?" Alex asks, you could hear the sarcasm in his voice.

"Run." I whispered to Peggy we quickly got up and bolted out of the arcade.

The guys are quickly following behind us. Peggy and I agree to stay with each other and head to my apartment since it's the closest.

I quickly turn my head to see if the guys are still following me.. they're not there? I still keep running by Peggy until we got to my apartment building. We hide in the lobby, I was behind the coach and Peggy was somewhere else.

I heard the door open several times, I didn't bother checking just in case it was the guys. Then I see a figure come up beside me, I carefully turn my head to see it was John.

"John!" I whisper-yell. "We are so sorry, we didn't mean to do it! We just-" He wrapped his arms around me into a embrace.

It was calm and relaxing, I leaned back into his chest. I turned my head to look up at John. "I'm really sorry.. but do you mean what you said earlier?" I ask.

"Of course I did, you're lucky I'm not mad about losing anymore. Heh." John places a kiss on my forehead.

"Y/N.. do you like me? And I mean the love way.." I tapped his cheek, making his blush more red.

"Of course I do, it's not just a like. I love you John! Heck I tried making it obvious at times. Also we're you jealous?" I lay my head in the crook of his neck.

"I'm glad. Wait what? Okay so maybe I was jealous when you were talking to Aaron. It's hard to see you with a guy and seem so happy when that can be me." This makes me smile so much.

We both get up from behind the couch, Peggy texted me saying she went home. So John and I just went to my apartment.

We sat on the couch, talking about random things, I was resting my head on his chest. Before falling asleep I mumbled a few words, just loud enough for John to hear.

"I love you John.."

"I love you too Y/N. Sweet Dreams my angel.."