A Strange Conversation

Start from the beginning

Cain shut his trap after seeing the impatience on your face. Wringing his hands again he got back on track.

"Right. Okay, in essence, I can reverse the effects of how I did it with that same machine. Or, if Warrior has destroyed it, which I would not doubt she has, I can make another one as long as I have the right supplies."

You hummed, thinking back to all he said. 

"Have you tested that theory?" You quipped. Cain nodded.

"Yes, I have perfected it. I more sure of that than anything." You pursed your lips before speaking again.

"I will consider what you told me, Cain." You shifted from one leg to the other. "If what you're telling me is a lie-"

"It isn't! I swear!" He interrupted frantically. You scoffed.

"As if your word has any meaning." You growled, "As I was saying. If any of what you told me is a lie I won't let you get away with it. I'll make sure that you live a life of misery far worse than what you've already gone through. To make you repay all of the things you have done not just to me, but a hundred others." At the end of your threat, you gave him the coldest glare you could muster.

"Now, I have one last thing to say." 

You remembered something the Mysterious Girl said, of how the Shadows would 'take kindly' to him, and how she said to ask him about it. But, as you looked between the pair, you couldn't help but notice something was different. Very different.

It had something to do with their auras. Before, Cain was always cold and unfeeling, Gloria just plain unemotional. However, now it felt like they were almost fragile. Learning how to be human again.

"You two were controlled." You stated.

The two blinked then looked at each other.

"Con- Controlled?" Gloria asked. You nodded.

"Yes, I didn't realize it until now. But you two were under the influence of the Shadows. Also known as Hate, Level of Violence, Warrior." As you listed off the names of the horrid energy that has been tormenting you for months now. You saw the confusion on your bio-parents' faces ease, then increase again.

"They went after you first, Cain, taking advantage of your stress and molding it into a mindset that always made you to be right in every situation. Then they took over you, Gloria, in order to isolate my siblings and I. It wasn't that machine that gave me my add-ons. The shadows made it so we thought that's what happened. When really." You paused, considering what to say next.

"Someone else gave me my powers." You said vaguely, Cain's eyes widened. "This person saved my life in the process of choosing me to fight with Warrior if I wanted. I have accepted to be their fighter, so they gave me something to banish Warrior from this world forever."

Cain and Gloria looked at you with wide eyes. You didn't offer any other explanation, instead, you kept talking.

"After I do so, I want to speak to you two one last time. Think you can handle that? You'll be held at one of my friends' houses. She's a cop. I've already had someone call her up, in fact, she's in the house right now."

The two both looked at the sliding glass door, where Undyne had joined Sans and Toriel. A scowl lacing her features, making her 10 times more terrifying than normal. Cain and Gloria gulped. 

"Well?" You prompted, Cain snapped his eyes back at you.

"Yes, yes that's fine." He quickly agreed, apparently not all that excited to anger you. You nodded.