A Surprise

READER

 You simply couldn't stop laughing, and every time you seemed to be calming down an image of Agrain's face reacting to the puns would pop up, and set you off again. When you could get past the image without laughing too hard, you shook your head, chuckling.

"Man, I love skeleton puns, they always tickle my funny bone" 

 You could hear a distance noise, suspiciously from the direction of the boy's room, which sounded a lot along the lines of:

"How could you say that (Y/n)?!" You chuckled again.

  Heh, oops, he heard me

Agrian was apparently had very good hearing, you clean up breakfast, and after putting the last dish in the sink, you grabbed your phone and purse and called-out 

"Oi, Elijah!! i'm going to my morning shift! you're in charge okay?"

  You heard the 14-year-old boy reply from within the confines of his room.

"Alright!" you smiled to yourself and opened the door.

 After locking the door, you walked to the elevator. After walking out of the front doors you started off to your 2nd job, the Nice Cream Parlor a few roads down. The parlor didn't have many employees, as the boss was a Monster.

 But you were hired not just because you were needed, but cause you truly liked the Monsters as a whole, as you turned a corner you saw the parlor. It was small, and more like a little cafe, light blue walls, white trim, and a sign in the big window which said:

The Nice Cream Parlor

Under it was the catchphrase in smaller cursive:

"The frozen Treat that warms your Heart!"

 You smiled at the small building and entered, a bell ringing as you did so. The boss of the establishment came out of the back-room and caught sight of you.

"Ah! (Y/n), wonderful, are you ready for your shift?" You nodded at your boss, a furry light blue rabbit. He was wearing his usual, red suspenders with a yellow shirt, and red pants.

 You never caught his real name, but you didn't really care if you did, you smiled 

"You bet NCG!" Though, since you didn't know his name, and because he didn't really like being called 'Boss' all the time, you resorted to calling him NCG, short for Nice Cream Guy, NCG smiled back.

 "Great! now I have some business to take care of, do you mind holding the fort?" You shook your head still smiling, he nodded his and bid you farewell and exited the parlor.

You took your place behind the cash/gold register. As soon as you did, two customers came through the front doors, making the bell ring, you looked up and smiled, it was none other than two of the regulars.

The human that freed all of the monsters in the first place, Frisk, and a goat lady, Ex-Queen of the monsters, Toriel.

Frisk ran up to the glass, shielding the Nice Cream from the warm air around you, and pressed her face against it. Toriel smiling in the warm, motherly way she had, and came forward as well.

 "Why hello Frisk and Toriel! the usual I presume?" Frisk took her face off of the glass to nod vigorously making you chuckle while opening the sliding door, allowing the Nice Cream to be in your reach.

You take the Nice Cream scooper and a cone and fill said cone with vanilla-swirl, (the swirl being butterscotch/cinnamon) and hand that to Frisk, next you take a waffle cone and fill it with vanilla-snail (made with real snails) and hand that to Toriel.