The Park

You were just getting to a very big climax in the book you were reading when a cry sounded. 

"HELP!!"

You looked up, and looking around you, making sure it wasn't your siblings that were in trouble, seeing them still playing.

 You mentally sighed in relief but if it wasn't your siblings then who was it? not one to stand by and watch as events unfolded, you closed your book, set it down, and went to where you thought you heard the shout.

 You started to go behind an orange and yellow-leaved tree and before you reached all the way around you heard a gruff voice mutter

"no one will save you, Monster" you took in a breath and, rounding the tree all the way, you saw a tall man towering over a small arm-less Monster.

He was holding a rusty old metal bar, the Monster this man was about to kill cowered below him, looked like he was just a kid.

Wearing a brown and yellow striped sweater, he looked at the man with unfathomable fear, seeing the whole problem, you rushed into action, pushing the man away from the little monster, the man stumbled back in surprise.

You, however, couldn't really care less. you have had enough crap these past few days

"Stop it!"

The man, scowling, brushed off his shock that he had been interrupted, he stood up to his full height, easily making you feel small and insignificant, however, you were not going to be intimidated.

 Instead, you looked up at him and narrowed your eyes, the man's scowl deepens. Then he pointed at the kid behind you.

"But this little thing tried to steal from me" You raised an eyebrow incredulously, was he blind? could he not see that the Monster kid had no reason to steal.

 "Are you kidding me? Why on earth would he steal from you?" Looking down at the monster behind you, you added "He doesn't exactly have arms"

 The man looked behind you and seemed to look at the monster and indeed seemed to actually take in what he looked like 

"Well, uh.." as you stood in front of the kid turning your head so you were staring straight at the man, your voice softer, but still in an agitated tone.

"You would hurt an innocent out of absolutely no reason at all, why?" The guy bit his lip and shrugged

"Lotta other people are doing it." You stared at him.

"And you just follow the crowd?" The man hung his head.

"Yeah, I've been trying not too... But I'm sorry ma'am, I'm sorry Monster." You folded your arms the man gulped and started walking away "If you won't call the cops I'll be on my way" I rolled my eyes.

"Just get out of here." 

He nodded and left. You nodded once, satisfied with your work and turned around to face the Monster kid who was looking at you with an awed expression, you squatted down to his level. 

"Hey, are you okay?" You asked concerned for his well-being. He had a couple of bruises on him, you wiped off some dirt that was on his cheek, smiling kindly, the Monster kid beamed up at you, an adorable smile spreading across his face.

"Yo! You sure showed him!! I knew somebody would come, I knew it!" You chuckled as he kicked his legs up a little "Hey, can I get your name?" You smiled, charmed by this kid's enthusiasm. 

"Sure, it's (Y/n), what's yours?" The Monster's smile widened making him (if possible) more adorable.

"It's Monster Kid, but most people just call me M.K, it's nice to meet an awesome human like you (Y/n)!!" You chuckled and helped him up, taking the sides where his arms should be and pulling him up, he took a couple of steps back, regaining his balance, still beaming.

 "It's awesome to meet a Monster like you too, I'll see ya later M.K" Monster Kid waved to you with his tail.

"See ya later!!" Then he ran off, only to trip over a loose piece of sidewalk. Falling flat on his face.

Before you could make a move to help however, he was up and running again. You chuckled to yourself, walked back to the playground, and sat down on the bench. When your siblings saw you they rushed to you to hear what happened. Because apparently, they had noticed you missing.

After telling your siblings what had happened, you let them play for another hour before it got dark, then you made your way back home. You opened the door for your apartment, you allowed the boys to go on their electronics for the rest of the evening.

Rose wanted to stay with you, she turned on the T.V in the small living room and gave you the remote. You pressed some buttons to go over to the Monster's channel, which only one existed. 

You liked seeing what the Monsters would be watching, it helped you understand them better. Though you didn't have a lot to say about their main star, Mettaton,  only that she could be quite hard to listen to at times because she could be a little too over-the-top.

You noticed that M.K was in the News Show tonight. Rose climbed onto the couch next to you and smiling at the screen, you smiled along with her not knowing what was going on 

"So darling," Mettaton started, sitting on a plush seat identical to M.K's "Could you tell the beautiful audience out there, what had transpired the last hour or so?" M.K nodded vigorously though he glanced at the cameras, a little stutter was noticed in his words, you smiled at the adorableness.

"O-Okay Mettaton, I-I was walking back to my parents since I kinda ran off to enjoy the trees, when I was thrown to the ground by this big human, he seemed like he wanted to kill me so I yelled for help, and at first nobody came, so the man laughed and told me no one would come, b-but then! This other human, she came and stopped him! She was so brave! Her name's (Y/n), and if she wasn't there, I'd most likely be dust right now!!"

You shrank back into the couch cushions, blushing slightly. No one ever really gave you praise on anything you did, and honestly, you didn't even do that much.

 However, you couldn't stop thinking why do humans hate monsters so much? They're just like Humans, personality-wise, sure they may look different, but that's what makes them special.

you just simply didn't get it...

~~~

Words: 1086