A Strange Conversation

READER

You were currently standing across your bio-parents in the backyard. You didn't want to accidentally cause a scene. Which would undoubtedly happen. Your siblings, Asriel, Chara, Frisk, Papyrus, and Isadora were in a bedroom, as far away from them as possible. Sans and Toriel were inside, but watching the three of you. Ready to pounce on the two terrible excuses for human beings should you give any sign you needed help.

You had your arms crossed, eyes narrowed, and your cover securely on. The tension was thick as you watched Cain sweat bullets in his white lab coat, despite the cool evening.

"So." You started, the venom already seeping into your voice unconsciously. "What do you want to tell me?"

Wringing his hands you wondered if he regretted coming here. The way his eyes darted around looking anywhere but you, it was almost pathetic.

"We- uhm, we came to warn you," Cain said, sounding less than confident. Every word sounding more like a question. You rose an eyebrow.

"About what, Warrior? Sorry to break it to you, but I already know she has the Cowls under her control." Cain gulped, looking to Gloria before returning his attention to you.

"It's uh, a little more than that, I saw something- something else-" Cain stammered working each of his fingers individually. "I, uh, that is, I-" Cain seemed to have trouble forming his next sentence, after accidentally looking at you for the first time since the Lab.

You narrowed your eyes, egging him on to continue.

"I can, uh I can help fix the Cowls and turn-turn them back...to Human" He finally managed to get out. Your eyes widened, a strange feeling welled up in your chest.

"You're telling me there's a way to reverse them!?" You spat.

Cain flinched at your tone, as did Gloria, you could care less. You wouldn't let it show but they had piqued your interest.

"You have 5 minutes" You offered, folding your arms and changing your stance to get comfortable. Cain's eyes lit up and an uneasy smile tugged at the corners of his lips. A really strange sight, since you thought he had forgotten how to smile.

"Okay. I saw Warrior power-up in this weird Cainister, so now she looks different. There was a backup plan to lure you to the base of Mt. Ebott in case you- you uh... failed to be taken by Warrior last time..." Cain mumbled the last part as he was talking, looking like he regretted mentioning it. All you did was shift your weight from one foot to the other.

Cain cleared his throat.

"A-anyways," he started again "if I were to guess where she'd be attacking it could be there.. Though I could be wrong, since she pretty much tossed me out like yesterday's news..."

You continued to stare at your bio-father, his confidence started to dwindle and Gloria touched his shoulder with her hand. Probably to remind him he only had your attention for a decreasing amount of time.

"Right, uhm, about the Cowls. That machine that I was going to, uh, blast you with... Was the same one that I was working on all those years ago, though I had added modifications to it... I managed to copy what it did to you.

"Though it never got the magick thing right, all of the Cowls could use the dust in the air and collect it into the shape of the attacks you could produce, but none of them were ever solid enough to hold form for longer than 5 seconds. How it worked was actually a miracle I stumbled on accident-" Cain was cut off by getting an elbow to the ribs.