A Day Out

However as you rushed to the other side of the trees, you could tell, that you weren't the only ones who liked the idea of coming to the beach.

~~~~

You could not have picked a worse day to be out and about. It seemed that the entire city had planned to come to the sea the exact day you had.

Monsters and Humans alike were crowding the sand and shallow water with umbrellas, blankets, floaties, tubes, and various other equipment.

You grimaced, you never liked really big crowds. However, you soldiered on to find your friends and family a good spot to enjoy the day.

You slowly edged through the crowd of bustling people, some getting an early tan, others lounging on their towels or blankets talking. There were Humans and Monsters alike and it was hard not to smile as you saw conversations that held both species. You stepped over what seemed millions of pairs of legs until you found a spot close to the restrooms. They were overpopulated, to be fair, but it was clear to you that you wouldn't be getting any closer to the beach. At least until you wanted to go play.

After sitting down on the spot, you faced the forest to try and find your friends. Sure enough, after a few minutes, you spotted Undyne race out of the trees with Frisk right at her heels. Elijah, Agrian, and Rose came out soon after along with Papyrus, everyone else slowly started to file out of the forest when you stood up and started waving your arms to try and grab their attention.

It was Mel who found you and pointed you out to the others, and once they locked their sights on you they waved back. You lowered your arms as the muskets raced to see who would get to you first.

Undoubtedly it was Agrian, it was a close call between him and Elijah though. If he hadn't lunged at the last second, it would've been a different story. You chuckled at his antics and dug through the duffel bag you had brought that held all necessary items. Pulling out two swimming trunks, one with back-lit trees on a sunset-like background, and one with orange and white stripes with sharks across it, you handed them to the boys. Elijah getting the forest, and Agrian the shark one.

Then you plucked out a pink and yellow Hawaiian flower print one-piece swimsuit as Rose came up.

"Alright, here's your swimsuits, think you can go change into them on your own?" You asked, slightly teasing. Rose nodded and after she got her swimsuit, she rushed over to the over packed restrooms. Ready to wait in line for her turn.

Frisk caught up to her, and you noticed she was already wearing a magenta and blue striped one-piece with the Monster Crest in the center. When Agrian and Elijah raced off without so much as a 'thank you' you made a mental note to make sure that they were gonna get it.

Still, you turned your attention to the on-coming crew, Undyne was wearing a simple black two-piece, Alphys was wearing a frilly pink one-piece. Papyrus was wearing a shirt that said 'Cool Dude' and the orange swim trunks that had previously been on Sans' head. Speaking of Sans, he hadn't changed, but you expected as much, still, if you knew this group, they were gonna make him do something along the lines of the ocean.

As those four settled around you, Sans being right beside you, you spotted Mel in a simple dark blue one-piece, that looked the tiniest bit too tight, and a pair of black swim shorts. Chara was in another one-piece, this one being green and yellow striped and Asriel was wearing a grey short-sleeved shirt that said 'I'm ASRIEL as it gets' with a pair of green faded trunks. The only people who were not wearing swim gear other than Sans was Toriel, Gaster, and Mettaton.

"I think I'll make sure the Muskets get dressed safely," Toriel said while she made her way towards the restrooms. You nodded and pulled out five different inflatable toys that had yet to be filled with air.